New bike

Well, after looking around for a next bike I stopped by the local dealership to take a look at the VStar 1300 Deluxe which was $13,699. While there, the dealer tells me about a slightly used '10 Stratoliner Deluxe for 12k. Slightly used is an exaggeration. This beast only had 1000 miles on it and had plenty of extras added. New it goes for around 18k.

So then I was afraid of the trade-in being upside down. KBB was only showing 3400 for my model/year (09 Blue FZ6R). However, they offered me 5200 which totally paid off my loan and then some.

Anywho, this is what I am riding now. Very, very happy and so is the wife.:D

Attachments

DakinechicK

Sick. Congrats on the upgrade!

DragonBlu

I was going to use the word couch, but I didn't want to sound like I was putting your choice down. I have ridden the big ones and they are not my thing, but man they are comfortable. Enjoy!

Hey, I know she's big, and I know she's not everyone's cup o' tea. But she's mine and I love her. lol

Seriously though, I never thought I'd want something like this. My wife was getting to the point that she wouldn't ride with me anymore on the FZ6R because her back starts to hurt after only a short ride. The whole point to me getting a motorcycle in the first place was for me (and her sometimes) to escape the kids (JK, or am I?) and enjoy ourselves.

So when I tried this one on for size, it was like we were meant to be. And the wife is more comfortable than ever, but can't wait for her sissy bar to be delivered.

I'm still welcome to troll around here, right?

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

RoadTrip

Whether a sportbike guy or not, I think every red blooded American male thinks cruisers are cool, the chrome and thumping motors and outlaw mystique. Hell yes I would ride one, but I am still in my racer boy stage for now. BTW, its a beautiful bike.