New bike, adding to the stable, stupid move??

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member
Last edited:

latony007

i think a cruiser is a great idea. different kind of ride but great fun and a great shared activity for the wife. Im not sure i would feel good about a 30 year old bike, especially when you can get down to maybe 10 or 12 for maybe 3k.

My wife and i did about 2000 miles last year. i started on a cruiser went up to the FZ pretty quick and was going to sell my cruiser and my wife said he wait a minute. Keep it so we can go riding together. So i kept it, we rode a couple times and realized the seat and bike in general was too small for 2 up so i would up selling it and getting a 2005 suzuki C50 (805cc) about a year ago. It came with the mustang seats, shield, bags, floorboards everything on it and cost me 3400 with only 2600 miles on it. These bikes use the GSXR EFI system so no carb to worry about being all gummed up. runs perfect so far and was in practically show room condition. While the extra CC are nice they also suck down gas and no cruiser is ever going to go as fast as your 6R. mine will cruise nicely at 75 to 80 and maxes out probably around 100. You need to get on the cruiser with a different mind set. its all about hitting the highway and well...cruising :)

Granted these are more than 1000 but low for a bike and would be worth it imo

2005 yamaha vstar 1100
Suzuki Boulevard C50 (800cc), 2006

let us know how it goes

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

latony007

I love the C50 and it would be perfect... but if I make this happen at all, it's on an extreme budget. Only other option would be to sell the FZ6R for a cruiser, but I love my bike too much for that!
that i DO NOT recommend in any way lol. The best part is having both. Thats why i really didnt care how fast the cruise was, as long as it could cruise at highway speeds i was fine because if i want to go fast guess what, i dont take that bike :)
I hear you about budget though! Im going to keep looking for you :)

hey if you get a new bike what color are you going to plasti dip it? lol

Last edited:

latony007

couple more, i like shopping for bikes. Wish i had more money id get a new one too :)

2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Classic 1100 CLASSIC
On Sale Now
$1,500
ON SALE NOW
2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Classic 1100 CLASSIC
Used, Sportbike Motorcycle
Cincinnati / Bethel, OH
Racers Edge
(877) 234-9645

This one is only a 650 but no miles and 07
2007 Yamaha V Star 650 Custom, aurora IL - 113027459 - Cycletrader.com

Bert-Aus

Dont be frightened of miles on a bike, especially if it is of a Japanese make.

Many older bikes sit in peoples sheds for years without being started, as they either are concerned they cant sell it or they dont want to let go of their 'dream'.
...but when they do put them up for sale, they ask for peanuts!

Change all the fluids & lines, check seals, fresh tyres BINGO! You will have yourself a fresh ride for not much $ (if you DIY)

Only caution is spiders!
But then MistahT you are well aware of all of this:thumbup:

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

FastFreddy

Unless you are good at and enjoy rebuilding '85 model bikes, you should pass on that one. You could never have enough bikes or garage space for them on the other hand.

latony007

Dont be frightened of miles on a bike, especially if it is of a Japanese make.

Many older bikes sit in peoples sheds for years without being started, as they either are concerned they cant sell it or they dont want to let go of their 'dream'.
...but when they do put them up for sale, they ask for peanuts!

Change all the fluids & lines, check seals, fresh tyres BINGO! You will have yourself a fresh ride for not much $ (if you DIY)

Only caution is spiders!
But then MistahT you are well aware of all of this:thumbup:

The normal quote i throw out for my age is "its not the years its the mileage" but in this case i say its the years not the mileage. 30 years is pretty old. even metal is old at 30 lol. if i could cut that in half to 15 or less for an extra 500 to 1000 id do it even if i had to save up for a bit. maybe you can trade one of these guys the ninja :)

here is one for me to drool over..
2011 Ducati Diavel Carbon - Low Miles! Perfect Condition!

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

Bert-Aus

Yeah Bert, F*CK SPIDERS!!!
Most of the time I get these tiny red little bastards in all the 'cant get too' spots, and they leave sticky clingy shit webs that trail around in the wind.
But anything that sits longer than a week and farckin Red Backs are in there!
There are some that keep returning to my R6's rim centres, the only way to get them properly is FIRE!
But that isn't going to happen to the R6

Bert-Aus

Sounds like you should have bought a ducati...
What? Dont Redbacks attack Duc's?
Im not sold on Duc's my brother always has electronic issues with his

Hey Adam what happened to your bike? Or you still have it?

pkoko

I think you need to think outside the box and sell both of your bikes and get a sport touring bike. It is the best of both worlds. How about FJR?

latony007

Diavel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hear this winter (at least in Maryland/DC/Virginia) is going to be the winter of a lifetime... calling for snow in September!? Inches by October!? Maybe I can snag a nice bike in Novemeber for pennies ;)

Yeah Bert, F*CK SPIDERS!!!
WTF? didnt you just have a record crappy winter, while here is dropped below 60 i think twice during the entire winter. that sucks man, but your right could lead to a cheap bike for someone who is tired of riding it 2 months out of the year :)

p.s. i hate them bastards too, get black widows out here in the garage all the time.

I think you need to think outside the box and sell both of your bikes and get a sport touring bike. It is the best of both worlds. How about FJR?
I considered the exact same thing myself. But honestly my brand new FZ6R and pretty nice cruiser cost me less than an FJR. i really want to test ride one though. Eventually id like to get a can am when i get a few years older, and richer lol, very fun, no sphincter factor, plenty of storage and comfortable for two on long rides.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

latony007

I test rode a C50 this year in Daytona. That was the longest 15 minute ride of my life... can pay me enough to ride one.
But your not much of a cruiser guy that i can tell. its all about the torc of that fz09 for you :) I think the C50 is a great mid weight cruiser. with the mustang i can stay on it pretty much all day, cruises the highway fine. I test rode the harley vrod and the suzuki m109 and those i wouldn't ever buy, fast for cruisers but not nearly as comfy and mine gets about 50mpg. At the show this year i really want to demo the FJR1300