Need new Helmet Suggestions!

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

flyingminno

Just got the HJC FS - 15 Surge, and I like it a lot! It is fairly quiet and light, can stand an hour ride on the freeway at +80mph with ease, and I must say it looks pretty nice especially with the smoked visor. Pictures will be up shortly!

steve97229

I have the scorpion EXO 1000 and it fits me perfectly. It's a nice helmet but kind of heavy for the price, and the flip down sun visor isn't that great after a while. I just got an Icon Alliance Rubatone and it's AWESOME!

The Scorpion EXO 1000's are pretty sick!

Amazon.com: Scorpion EXO-1000 Apollo Helmet - Medium/Dark Silver: Automotive

Scorpion EXO-1000 RPM Helmet - Scorpion Helmet - Indysuperbikes

I really wouldnt buy anything sight unseen though. So unless you can physically find something in the shop that you want, I wouldnt buy online without trying one on first.

Detrich

i finally sat on a S1000RR at the motorcycle show. and, i have to say that it doesn't feel like a 1L bike at all. every little thing on that bike feels precise, solid, and high quality. even the levers feel like they are precision machined and the recoil action on them feels so smooth & high tech... it was probably the most comfortable SS i sat on when compared to the r6, cbr, and gsxr. prolly can't say for sure until after a test ride, but i think jay leno wasn't joking when he said that the s1000rr gives the japanese a serious run for their money. if bmw made a 600cc version and priced it around $11 - $12K, it might seriously lure a lot of buyers away from the japanese bikes.

Maybe I'll go the BMW place so I can ogle the S1000RR while I shop...:drool:

JonKerr

Elite Member

6R Blackout

Helmet

Hey man Motorcycle Superstore has a huge sale going on right now on helmets, of all brands you could check that out. I just ordered a pair of gloves regular $139.99 on sale for $39.99. Just may be worth a min to check the site and see. Hope this helps out a bit.:steve:

KenS

I know the RF-1100 has gotten pretty good reviews from people here and my buddy really likes his. WebBikeWorld had a lot of good things to say about it as well. WBW had not so great reviews on the Scorpion EXO helmets. I guess it all depends on the person, I definitely would like something quieter than what I have. And my chin is hitting the chin bar in my current helmet, I'm guessing a little space there would be a little safer.

Wonder if I should wait until spring, since I probably wont be riding until then anyway...

Maybe I'll go the BMW place so I can ogle the S1000RR while I shop...:drool:
True WBW did not have good things to say about the EXO1000, but they give very good reviews for the 400s and 700s. I have owned both as well as currently owning a Bell Star Roland Sands C-Note. The EXO700 is a very good helmet, and the Bell Star is the absolute best I've worn. I've tried all the Arais, Shoei, HJC, etc. ... and it came down to the Star. It really takes going in and trying them on for your own personal taste and spot-on fit.

iSpoolin

The Scorpion EXO 1000's are pretty sick!

Amazon.com: Scorpion EXO-1000 Apollo Helmet - Medium/Dark Silver: Automotive

Scorpion EXO-1000 RPM Helmet - Scorpion Helmet - Indysuperbikes

I really wouldnt buy anything sight unseen though. So unless you can physically find something in the shop that you want, I wouldnt buy online without trying one on first.
I just got my Exo 1000 in yesterday. Gotta say I love the feel of the helmet. It weighs a little over four pounds but honestly I couldn't hardly tell it was there if I couldn't see it lol

I got the matte black addition.

bjs045

My next helmet will most likely be a Bell Star Helmet. I currently have a Shoei RF-1100 matte black and I love it. But when I tried on the Bell Star I fell in love with it. I also wanna try out the transition visor. I wouldn't mind a self tinting visor as a early morning, day, and night rider.

Really love sportbiketrackgear.com too. I'm digging the matte black on close out for $299.99.

Bell Star Helmets | Bell Star Helmet | Bell Helmets from SportbikeTrackGear.com

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

Detrich

www.sportbiketrackgear.com is prolly one of the best web sites i've seen online for gear reviews. so much info and the videos really help out a lot. for strictly helmets though, Home - Welcome to The Helmet Harbor Store is also a really good site. they do video reviews of all the helmets too... i'm kinda relieved that i'm pretty much done with buying gear for a while <lol> :p i'm just going to focus on getting my riding skills better so i can upgrade my bike in 2011. after all that's done, i'll look into gear again...

iSpoolin

Same here, im getting the gear to learn to ride in, once I do that i'll look for more so I can have extra.

Stephenfz6r

thanks for the heads up for this great deal! Seems like this is the helmet that has all the thing I want. Kevlar, antifog ws, and drop down shade! Just ordered it today in dark silver, hope it's good!:D
For that price you can't go wrong, if you like it you should order a second one just for the shields, hey what a great idea, think I'll order one too.:D

bigpish13

For that price you can't go wrong, if you like it you should order a second one just for the shields, hey what a great idea, think I'll order one too.:D
oh crap!! just got an email. no more helmets available for that price. Oh well, till the next exo 1000 closeout :)

pyrocpu

Devil's advocate--you could always just get a skin for your brain bucket for a lot less than buying another lid... :)

FWIW, I just picked up an EXO-400 for $49 from Newenough... ;)

Detrich

one of my friends just bought this Shoei X-12 days ago, and he already wants something lighter... <lol> i guess it's not a bad price...

Shoei X-Twelve// Vermeulen 4 TC-9

hattrickhero

I have a 07 R6 Charcoal (Silver) and would like a helmet to match this just not a solid...

I'm looking at some Shoei RF-1100 but there isn't a design that really matches my bike within my price range as well ($400 - $450).

Anyone have any suggestions? I've been through a KBC VR-2, and a Seven O Seven Vendetta Strike.

So I haven't had a lot of helmets to know what is really good or not but I know Shoei's are the lightest and are popular with great vents that I've tried on at the store.
Do yourself a favor and try on an Arai Profile. A 2009 model can be had for $300-$350. Lightweight and excellent quality. You might find a graphic you want.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member