Need help! Motodynamics tail lights & front turn signals.

AL72

Hi, I saw this integrated tail light & front flush turn signals combo in ebay and interested me.

09 14 Yamaha FZ6R Sequential LED Tail Light Smoked Flush Mount Signal Combo | eBay

I know that Motodynamics is a good brand. My concern is that if can I install it in my bike just out of the box. Do I need another hardware or accessory? (resistors, harnesses, connectors, led flasher unit)

Thanks in advance!

wilcya

yes they will easy install on the bike. it requires some to little wiring but not to hard. they should come with relays to slow down the blinking for turns if thats what you want. thats a good price too!

AL72

yes they will easy install on the bike. it requires some to little wiring but not to hard. they should come with relays to slow down the blinking for turns if thats what you want. thats a good price too!
Wilcya, are you using the OEM flasher relay? You have just to install the resistor included with the turn signals?

Thanks for the response!

iaminsider

The motodynamics tail light and flush mounts are fully plug and play out of the box. Be sure to use the added resistor harness with each turn signal AND the tail light to ensure that you have the correct flash rate.

jarshie

That and you might want to grab some zip ties, to tie down the resistors for the front. for the rear, i found tucking it along the body piece that the wires run through, was sufficient. other than that, you should be good to go. Pretty easy install as well

AL72

Thanks for your help, I already bought this combo! Now starts the waiting (the hardest part :) )

Regards!

AL72

A final question guys, I'm not going to remove the rear fender (only the turn signals), what about the license light? Will work?

Thank you!

Swordfish

This isn't probably a popular opinion, but instead of using the resistors that were supplied with the kit, I bought an LED flasher relay that is plug and play and didn't have to zip tie the load resistors.

bleedinblue

Elite Member

AL72

Good idea bleedinblue, thanks!

AL72

Hi guys, I already install and wire the Motodynamic tail light, works nicely!
I'm going to conserve the fender, but I'm going to remove the stock turn signals, but I can´t see the way to remove it (I can't see any bolt or something). Do I need to remove the full fender and then reinstall it?

Thanks! and excuse me for my bad english :)

AL72

Job done!

Job done! I found the way to remove the turn signals. It's just pull off a rubber clip to release a plastic plate, and just pull out the turn signals .

Regards!

AussiePaul

Reviving an old thread. First post on forum.
Just bought motodynamics front flush indicators too. D you have any photos of your behind the fairing connections? Thanks.

2013 FZ6R