My MT09

Mitch21

Just as a suggestion, sort out the suspension in that thing. 2008-2010 ZX-10 rear shock is tue best investment you can do then get the right frint spring for you... 10W oil. There's one or two guys that wadded up there rude after going over bumps and losing control.

Ypu can swap the good stuff later on. Take it easy.
Cheers, they were on my list of mods to do next.

Edit: But thinking back, the poor suspension may have had an impact but it was 95% my fault. Although I have felt the rear bounce around when pushing through the corners especially with me being a bigger lad on it and have been looking around since for a fix.

Last edited:

Bert-Aus

Farck, that sucks Mitch!
Too bad about scratches & dings, they can be fixed/ replaced
Take it easy with your shoulder, follow what the Dr's directions too!

That sort of fracture can cause issues for your arm & strength for a long time if you're not careful

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

Mitch21

Some pics as promised :facepalm:

Bar End

Mirror

Air Scoop

Radiator cap and Frame

Engine

Brake lever

Exhaust

luke1088

That sux dude. Glad your not banged up to much.

I moment silence for a speedy recovery of Mitch21's bike please. :p

This bike is getting more and more appealing every time I see it. I still want the Bandit 1250 though :D

Glad you came out ok in the end though. I had a close call similar to yours, minus the wreck. I was traveling through an S curve near Downtown San Diego, CA. I came around to the final turn when I see a broken sprinkler head had soaked the turn on both lanes. I did the only thing I could think of, which was release the throttle and hope I wasn't too angled for the back end to slide out. Probably going from 50 to 45 when I hit the wet patch. Luckily, I made it through. Its a surprise every day on a bike. Maybe that's why I'm not into surprises.
Stay safe good sir.

Bert-Aus

Maybe invest in frame sliders before fixing scratches?

By the look of those images, the scratches look like they will be easy enough to lightly sand & repaint.
The exhaust maybe a little tricky but managable

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

Mitch21

Thanks guys, yeh was just about to order frame sliders the night before. Definitely would have saved a bit of the damage. Anyway went down to yamaha and ordered the brake lever so I can at least ride it. $190 later. For a brake lever. Ridiculous. Wonder if it's just the Australia tax we get stung with down here but that seems pretty excessive. So that should come next week and ill be able to ride it. It's all cosmetic after that. Happy days. For now

ksanbon

So sorry about the mishap Mitch. I'm happy it was a cheap lesson and not something worse.

Mitch21

So received the brake lever from Yamaha and installed it this week.
Thought it would have come plated in gold for the $190 they charged lol Also got a new bar end on the cheap so that's on there as well. Took her out for a ride today and my steering was a tad out. The handlebars had twisted in the clamps and one fork had moved up in the triple tree. Fixed it all up for the most part and is almost 100% but will get the dealer to check it all out soon.

Happy to be back on it after the few weeks off. She still shimmers in the sun in the fine spring sun today in South Aus despite the couple of battle scars. She has character now, not like the bike needed anymore anyway.

Also good news on my shoulder, after two weeks in a sling it healed enough and wasn't displaced so now onto light duties. Still a tad sore in some positions but all good.