EU spec FZ6R [XJ6N]

Lilday

Latest photo:

Read through page to see more about mods/details.

Anyway - the purpose of this thread.

I live in the UK, so we have a naked FZ6R (XJ6N) available to purchase from the word go. I bought one, so here it is.

Bike registered in February 2011.
I purchased the bike February 2013 @ 3,100 miles.
I had the bike on the road in April 2013.
Bike currently sits at 13,200 miles as of 6 October 2013.

So I've done 10,100 miles on this bike in 7 months, and it hasn't let me down once.

Oh - an important part. My bike is restricted to 33bhp until December 2014 because of UK licensing laws. But I still love it.

Photos (Earliest to latest):
When I bought it

First mod - folding adjustable levers

Gets used in all weather, rain...ice...snow...

Here it is with my old bike (YZFR125)

Old license plate & tail tidy:

New smaller license plate:

USB port fitted to charge devices (camera/phone)

Second real mod, motodynamic tail light:

Third mod, custom fabricated exhaust (With an akrapovic sticker)

Close up of exhaust:

In the snow earlier this year with another XJ6 (Diversion).

That is it for now - but big plans for the future :D

Also - if anybody needs Eurpoean parts shipped to the US/Canada etc send me a PM and I'll see how I can help out in any way. It may work both ways if I need US parts ;)

LIST OF MODS SO FAR:

- Michelin Pilot Road tires
- Oberon footpegs
- Renthal bars inc brace
- Bar end mirrors
- Renthal grips
- HEL braided hoses
- Evotech tail tidy
- Evotech crash protectors
- MTC exhaust (Akrapovic lookalike)
- Motodynamic integrated tail light
- Front suspension lowered 10.8mm
- Chain guard removed
- Yamaha carbon LED blinkers (front only)
- Removed chain guard
- Front tire is 160/60/17 rather than the standard 160/70/17 - 10mm smaller sidewall

Last edited:

UKNWLoZ1991

Hey Us Aliens!!!

Crazy Americans. FZ6R? What? It is an XJ6N!

Seriously, it isn't a Fazer, so why the FZ? It is a total different bike to the FZ6.

Anyway - the purpose of this thread.

I live in the UK, so we have a naked FZ6R (XJ6N) available to purchase from the word go. I bought one, so here it is.

Bike registered in February 2011.
I purchased the bike February 2013 @ 3,100 miles.
I had the bike on the road in April 2013.
Bike currently sits at 13,200 miles as of 6 October 2013.

So I've done 10,100 miles on this bike in 7 months, and it hasn't let me down once.
Another UK person.....didnt think we existed.
looking good there.....did you chop into the existing pipes and weld an end can in place or is that a whole different set?

Lilday

Another UK person.....didnt think we existed.
looking good there.....did you chop into the existing pipes and weld an end can in place or is that a whole different set?
Cut the existing pipes.

I see you're in Southport...I'm only in Liverpool haha

I had the exhaust done at MTC in Burscough for £250. Absolute bargain, you're so local you've probably heard me fly past once or twice.

You should check out northwestbikers.net :D

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

latony007

why do different? obviously missing all the fairings but the seat is totally different as well. and im sure some other aspects, like having hazards over there and not here. You have to wonder why they do that. Seems like it would be cheaper and easier to make them all the same.

She needs a wash :)

Lilday

why do different? obviously missing all the fairings but the seat is totally different as well. and im sure some other aspects, like having hazards over there and not here. You have to wonder why they do that. Seems like it would be cheaper and easier to make them all the same.

She needs a wash :)
Yeah you guys have your seat in two separate parts where mine is one big piece. Very weird for them to change something like that.

I thought all had hazards though, do you guys in America not have a hazard light switch? The Motodynamic tail light was bought from America and that supports the hazard light.

latony007

Yeah you guys have your seat in two separate parts where mine is one big piece. Very weird for them to change something like that.

I thought all had hazards though, do you guys in America not have a hazard light switch? The Motodynamic tail light was bought from America and that supports the hazard light.
No we don't and it really irritates me. Especially here in California where we have the most regulations of anywhere on the planet. If you look for parts for the FZ6R its broken into two catagories. Regular bikes, and the California edition!

Whats gas running there now?

Lilday

No we don't and it really irritates me. Especially here in California where we have the most regulations of anywhere on the planet. If you look for parts for the FZ6R its broken into two catagories. Regular bikes, and the California edition!

Whats gas running there now?
Right now it is around £1.34 a liter.

A US gallon is 3.7 liters so £4.95 a gallon.

£4.95 to USD is $7.96 USD

So almost $8 a US gallon here. I'm gonna go ahead and guess that is bad?

Could you buy the switch from a YZF-R6 and connect it up? I know it could be done with my YZF-R125 which had no hazards.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Lilday

wow that's crazy high. no wonder you could not afford the faring's lmfao
haha indeed :D Nah I've had one faired bike before - with living in the UK I need to clean my bike every weekend to stop corrosion (it rains a lot) so taking off the fairings every weekend is a little too much work haha. Maybe if I move somewhere hotter I'll get faired version :D

Todays work:

Renthal bars, Renthal grips, Bar end mirrors, braided HEL brake hoses.

First impressions:

Bars 10/10 - the hard anodized finish means they don't get damaged/marked easily.
Grips (Hard compound) 10/10- Nice color and good grip despite being the hardest Renthal make.
Mirrors 5/10. They look awesome but ehh...the visibility isn't great. Blue tint is a bonus though.
Hoses 10/10 - Amazing. PLEASE do this to your bike. The brakes feel 10x better, more 'solid' and less spongey. Do it.

Pics:

I'm still not sure about the big 'RENTHAL' pad...I think it looks better without it but will leave it on to see if it grows on me.

The bars are wider than standard, so lane splitting will be less usual I think.

Had to drop the front suspension 10mm because the throttle cable was very very tight on the wider bars.

latony007

Right now it is around £1.34 a liter.

A US gallon is 3.7 liters so £4.95 a gallon.

£4.95 to USD is $7.96 USD

So almost $8 a US gallon here. I'm gonna go ahead and guess that is bad?

Could you buy the switch from a YZF-R6 and connect it up? I know it could be done with my YZF-R125 which had no hazards.
Yeah that's bad. I don't know why you guys always are getting so hosed or how you can afford it. At 8$ a gallon I wouldn't be able to goto work. I guess because you have shorter distances to drive. When I went to Italy I was surprised how much it was. California and Hawaii have about the highest prices in the states and right now its on the way down to about $3.8 per gallon. Another thing that makes no sense. We have the port where oil comes in, we have the refineries where it gets processed into gas, yet its about 40 cents more per gallon than middle of nowhere Kansas so go figure. Its just a matter of how much can we gouge any particular area for.

I do not know about the switch. It seems like it should be workable but probably beyond someone like me. im much better at putting in your stereo or home theatre system :) Im still trying to figure out which of the 18 products mentioned to lube the chain!

a-tomic

Very nice bike Lilday!
Where did you buy Renthal bars?

The price of fuel is less of a problem here in EU! The larger problem is the price Yamaha compared to the price in the USA.
Yamaha XJ6 Diversion F or FZ6R as you call it costs approximately $ 9,000 :( in my country.

Last edited:

Lilday

Very nice bike Lilday!

The price of fuel is less of a problem here in EU! The larger problem is the price Yamaha compared to the price in the USA.
Yamaha XJ6 Diversion F or FZ6R as you call it costs approximately $ 9,000 :( in my country.
I found mine on eBay.

Right now I'm looking for the renthal bar mounts to drop them down a little. I think the standard bar mounts have too much height on them so the bike looks a little goofy to me. Even a 10mm drop will make it much better I think.

I've already dropped the front suspension 10mm so I don't want to drop it any more. (The bike has been known to go airborne on occasion so I need a soft landing).

New Renthal Handlebars 22mm 7/8 CRF RMZ KXF YZF YZ RM KX CR 125/250/450/500 Bars | eBay

a-tomic

I found mine on eBay.

Right now I'm looking for the renthal bar mounts to drop them down a little. I think the standard bar mounts have too much height on them so the bike looks a little goofy to me. Even a 10mm drop will make it much better I think.

I've already dropped the front suspension 10mm so I don't want to drop it any more. (The bike has been known to go airborne on occasion so I need a soft landing).

New Renthal Handlebars 22mm 7/8 CRF RMZ KXF YZF YZ RM KX CR 125/250/450/500 Bars | eBay
Thanks for the link. Since the price is not so high and I might try to put the renthal bar.:thumbup:
This K-Maxx kit I really like but the price is quite high...:(
Yamaha XJ6 Diversion 32mm Superbike Lenkerkit | eBay

Attachments

latony007

Very nice bike Lilday!

Thats not too horrible, but you guys dont bargain over there right? i got my 2012 in late 2013 and i paid 6300 US, i think sticker price was around 8000

Lilday

Any of you who follow the WRC will know this weekend was the Wales Rally GB.

I went down into Wales to see if I could find any rally cars :D

Awesome day. Awesome roads, and I ****ing love this bike.

VRIIClubby

Yeah that's bad. I don't know why you guys always are getting so hosed or how you can afford it. At 8$ a gallon I wouldn't be able to goto work. I guess because you have shorter distances to drive.
Petrol is crazy over there, not far off "down" here in Aus, if my maths is right we are about $6 - $6.50 a US Gallon,

My bike costs me $24/tank, my car $120/tank.

So many variables in it though, I think avge pay rates are much higher in the UK then in the US, and then even higher on avge here in Aus.

This rings so true though! Power (Coal, Gas etc) is all here in Aus and mined here on a huge scale, exported it around the globe, but somehow we pay the highest power bills in the world :rolleyes:

ts just a matter of how much can we gouge any particular area for.