My knee slider is happy...

r0ar

Shhh! I'm under cover!!! :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
haha sneaky sneaky, give me the title Super Mod and keep me senior member and trick everyone lol

:wav::wav::wav::wav::wav::wav::wav::wav:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

Andy

Looks like you scratched it putting go pro on swingarm. :rolleyes: jk Looking forward to sick ninja videos.

Rookasaki

it actually looks like you scared the crap out yourself and sorta bounced it off the pavement... no lines as you would see in scraping, but more a, sorry for the expression, "knee jerk reaction"... ;)

soon enough you'll be ordering new knee pads every weekend...

which brings up... when is your first track day? You're way overdue!
Wait, I haven't been riding on a track? :eek: Damn, that explains why I keep seeing those dang speed limit signs. :D

Detrich

Nice! Hope I can get that good soon. I'm practicing, but it's taking a long time. lol. x_X

Speaking of which, on the way down the mountain in ACH today I saw a guy on what i think was a black GSXR-1000 wearing nothing but sneakers, jeans & t-shirt -and- carrying a female passenger wearing a tank top and daisy dukes... Dumb asses were flying around corners around 75 mph. I was maybe going 60/ 65 and had to let them pass...

We passed a speed trap and I was surprised both CHP vehicles let them go. (speed limit up there is 45, but most bikers go over 60.)

It just saddens me to see ppl take unnecessary risks like that without gear... After their flesh is spread like strawberry jam all over the pavement, it's too late. Sigh. :(

Rookasaki

Nice! Hope I can get that good soon. I'm practicing, but it's taking a long time. lol. x_X

Speaking of which, on the way down the mountain in ACH today I saw a guy on what i think was a black GSXR-1000 wearing nothing but sneakers, jeans & t-shirt -and- carrying a female passenger wearing a tank top and daisy dukes... Dumb asses were flying around corners around 75 mph. I was maybe going 60/ 65 and had to let them pass...

We passed a speed trap and I was surprised both CHP vehicles let them go. (speed limit up there is 45, but most bikers go over 60.)

It just saddens me to see ppl take unnecessary risks like that without gear... After their flesh is spread like strawberry jam all over the pavement, it's too late. Sigh. :(
I agree... Wearing gear would save a lot of hurt and trouble. Here's a pic of what I was wearing... My facial expression tells everything due to it being 102. If you must know, Fuel is crazy expensive where I was due to no gas stations with in a close distance.

Rookasaki

To be honest, I was out of my comfort zone. I just told myself "you're getting your damn knee down" and I did.

Mr. Kerr is a great rider, one day I hope to be as consistent as him.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Detrich

Jon is leading the way for the rest of us :)

I think that my practicing of deliberately "not hanging off the bike" is helping. I'm getting faster and also getting a much better sense of what my tires & the bike are doing. As I suspected, it's also been forcing me to want to start hanging off slightly- but more naturally. Ie I'm finding now that riding this way is naturally making me gradually develop the feeling of how to shift my body weight before turning. Before, I was doing it because I thought it was proper form- without really being able to "feel" what was going on. Now I'm beginning to feel the gravitational pull that makes u naturally want to hang off a little.

I hope I'm on the right path with all this...

RoadTrip

Hanging off is fun, and has a practical purpose, but in my estimation the point where a knee would naturally touch the ground represents a cornering G force that is above my comfort zone. I kinda found a 'natural' limit where I feel safe, and really don't exceed that (streets), but it would be fun to go to the track and push it to my real limit and see what happens :eek:

Rookasaki

Jon is leading the way for the rest of us :)

I think that my practicing of deliberately "not hanging off the bike" is helping. I'm getting faster and also getting a much better sense of what my tires & the bike are doing. As I suspected, it's also been forcing me to want to start hanging off slightly- but more naturally. Ie I'm finding now that riding this way is naturally making me gradually develop the feeling of how to shift my body weight before turning. Before, I was doing it because I thought it was proper form- without really being able to "feel" what was going on. Now I'm beginning to feel the gravitational pull that makes u naturally want to hang off a little.

I hope I'm on the right path with all this...
Well put. I'm just about the same.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member