My knee slider is happy...

Fizzer6R

you did that on public roads? = i'm calling the cops! please give me your # so I can report you to yourself :Flip:

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Rookasaki

Actually, I've been wondering about that. There's this other guy around, who looks just like me, on a bike just like mine. That guy sometimes rides a bit - "spirited" on some corners.

I've been curious if it couldn't be considered as reckless driving, if the local constabulary wished to make a point.
Law Enforcement would have a field day if it was. It's my understanding it's not and it wouldn't constitute reckless.

6R Blackout

NICE! hey you got to start somewhere! I think that's cool though, it must have been a huge RUSH to get down that far?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Casey (aka) Hunter77!

JonKerr

Elite Member

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

Rookasaki

In California, Reckless requires wanton or willful disregard for people or property (other than yourself and your vehicle). So if you're doing it on a fairly empty road where a worst-case crash isn't going to do anything more than kill you and wreck your bike, it's not reckless. Might be speeding, but generally not reckless. Do the same thing through a crowded parking lot on the day before Christmas and it probably is reckless.

In practice, Reckless Driving is what they usually throw at you when the speed violation is extreme (more than 30mph over the limit, or over 100mph), or when you're doing a whole bunch of bad things all at once (running a stop sign and making an illegal turn while speeding through a residential neighborhood). The theory being that any one thing can be bad judgement or a mistake, but doing a whole bunch of them at once generally requires some level of "willful disregard."
Over 100mph is still just an infraction. Although you do lose your license for 30 days! But your right on the reckless part. The cop just has to articulate it.

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member
Last edited:

JonKerr

Elite Member

Rookasaki

We actually had a cop watch us ride the twisties and told us he didn't want to ruin our fun. He just didn't want us turning around in the middle of a road on a double yellow.
That's a good cop right there.... See guys, were not all bad :D

r0ar

I'm still making a citizens arrest just for s and g's :-D
j/k I love theRook, he's so B@dass!

Last edited by a moderator: