My FZ6R project.

BradSPE

So I purchased my 2011 Copper FZ6R back in May for 5,000 from a dealer out the door. Has about 300 miles. I have been a huge fan of the site and used many of the how to videos. I thought I would post a few things I have done and if anyone has any questions about some of my mods please feel free to ask. Overall pretty standard stuff.

-FZ6R double bubble windshield.

-ZX-6r Mirrors

- Cell phone mount from Ultimate mobiles. Cost about 80 dollars however, it is a full cover, waterproof double locking case, with metal mount that clips securely in place, comes with power cords to route to the battery and a built in charger designed for the case. It has a complete separate on/off switch that is also waterproof I keep under the rear seat. They are designed specifically for your phone, so it works quite well. I bought mine for my S3.
Galaxy S3

-Installed the protons. Blacked them out using "Rust-Oleum Automotive 253256 10-Ounce Lens Tint Spray, Translucent Black " Very visable still.

-Installed led strips from Custom Dynamics in the false air ducts. "Amber LED/Smoked Tube, 4in" You can purchase for only 5 dollars more per side a "TFC2" This allows you to make them both running and turning lights.

-T-rex frame sliders.

-Motodynamics integrated taillight. And the ebay flush mount kit with an extra set of LED lights that I blacked out as well using the tint spray. I was able to install both of them using no splicing, I bought all the extra connectors.

-TBR with JB pro. Marthy's maps installed. Got it from Nate at motorcycle gear. Great guy.

-K&N filter, from amazon really cheap.

-Moved the handlebars forward. Blocked off the air valve to the exhaust to prevent popping.

Most everything I have done I got from this site. So I appreciate it fellas. If you have any questions about the custom dynamics LED's I would be happy to answer. I believe these are the answer some people are looking for to get LED strips as both running and turn signals. My 4in strip amber smoked with 25LED bulbs in them with the transistors to make them both running and turning cost 40 dollars each. I had to splice into the turn signals themselves to make them work as there is not a female Yamaha dual adapter with running and turn signal wires.

-I also got the Cardo G9. Amazing headset unit. My buddy with his 1000cc Ducati can hear me and talk while going about 70-75 without issue. My Shoei helmet blocks a lot of air noise so I hear him without the volume turned all the way up. Nice item if you have the cash.

As mentioned before the how to videos and posts have been a huge help and I did everything solo without a helping hand. Thanks a bunch!

Attachments

Reactions: JT

JSP

Super Moderator
Looks good!

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

BradSPE

So did a few more things. Put a number of LED lights on the bike. I got them from ledaccentlights.net. They allow me to change the color of the lights. I posted a few pics of a few of the options.

I also installed PSR block off plates today as well as CNC clutch and brake levers.

Next I may get a local store to powder coat the handlebar black. I also have a local upholstery place that will redo my seat and make it a tad more comfortable. Overall, I am pleased with the look.

Attachments

Bert-Aus

BradSPE

Haha, just how hot my butt gets. Starts off a cool blue and ends up an angry red. There is also an option to have it do red/white/blue pattern. Might be a good way to get out of traffic or end up in jail...

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

BradSPE

You can have them in Texas as long as they are not red, blue, or white. Or at the very least they are tolerated.

SpawnXX

Premium Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

BradSPE

Yeah! Definitely! Went to the hardware store and found some but not real happy with the look. Thanks Scott.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member
Last edited:

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member