spider peak grips
LED auxiliary lights
Projector Retrofit
Top case
Side cases

Future Mods:
mirror w/ integrated signals
shorter clutch & brake levers
smaller rear sprocket (have but not installed)

One thing I'm not liking about the bike is how high the RPMs are at when I'm cruising down the highway, which is why I want to try a smaller rear sprocket.

Last edited:

arse

I'm also interested in changing a sprocket for highway cruising. Would it be more ideal to add a tooth to the front sprocket? Any benefits of going either way?

JSP

Super Moderator
Nice. Pictures! We want them. We love lots of pictures.

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

gado

Here is the Spider peak grips that I put on.

Here is a the bar end that was on the bike when I got it.

I'll try the 17/46 combo. From what I read it should also make the speedo more accurate.

I don't know what it is with the head light but it seems so dim compared to other cars on the road. Is it because there is only one light and cars have two? Or maybe the bulb needs to be replaced? I'll have to do more research on HID upgrades.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Last edited:

gado

I got my used bar ends today (stock).
The stock ones are about 11oz and the alum ones are about 2oz.

I removed the paint off the bar ends so I can repaint them.

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

BoneJj

My understanding is weighted bar ends help reduce vibration...

Why would you choose to go lighter? Simply for looks?
your understanding is correct. The bar ends are there specifically to change the type of vibration in the bars.

gado

My bike came with the lightweight aluminum bar ends. I bought stock bar ends to put back on the bike. Im going from lighter to heavier bar ends.

gado

I got my LED light installed. I would prefer it to go under the headlight but I am worried about hitting the light if i hit a bump and the fender crashing into it.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

BoneJj

I got my LED light installed. I would prefer it to go under the headlight but I am worried about hitting the light if i hit a bump and the fender crashing into it.
http://www.600cc.org/gallery/data/568/fz6r-00021.jpg[/IMG]

http://www.600cc.org/gallery/data/568/fz6r-00011.jpg[/IMG]
what brand of lights are those?

BoneJj

They are running lights.

It is the ADVMonster Model 30

I will be replacing the rear tire this month as well as adding on a custom rear grab bar.
45 bucks each, not bad... I'll have to add that to my list of possibles.

Z3roFlaw

I thought this too. I wouldn't mind changing from stock to something else just for a different look, but I think I wouldn't want them lighter than stock.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

gado

Update!!!

UPDATE!!

I was not able to have a rear grab bar custom made so I went with the Kriega US-20 Bag. Here are my thought on the bag and of course, pictures!!

I was looking for a way to carry my stuff to and from work while riding the bike. The things that I carry are my work laptop, and lunch. With that, I wanted something that will fit a laptop, keep the contents dry in the rain, and be quick and easy to put on and take off the bike. I found that the Kreiga US-20 fit the criteria.

THE BAG
I ordered the US-20 bag and Kube 4 laptop sleeve. The bag has 1 main compartment and 2 smaller pockets on the top and bottom. The Kube 4 has 1 main compartment and 3 smaller organizer pockets in the lid. The Kube was on backorder so I had to use the bag without the Kube 4. My laptop fit perfectly in the Kube 4. Note that the Kube 4 takes up space in the bag so there is less room to carry stuff as opposed to carrying the laptop without the Kube.

MOUNTING
You install separate frame straps to the sub frame or use straps held down by the seat. Since I will be carrying a work laptop I chose to attatch the frame straps to the subframe. The issue with this is that the frame in the tail section is too short.

I still manage to get the frame straps placed but the rear frame straps are not in the best position.

The front of the bag is stable and the rear slides sideways a bit but not enough to worry about.

Beware when mounting the bag to the frame straps, I had inadvertently mounted a bag hook to the bag itself and not on the frame strap, luckily I caught what I had done and moved the hook on to the frame strap.

WATERPROOFNESS
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEFPJ_eAFMU]Are Kriega bags water resistant? - YouTube[/ame]
Not a drop of rain on the inside.

MODULAR
You can purchase other bags in the series and attach them to each other but I don’t really have the money to buy the other bags so I used the US-20 as a base and attached a bag that I keep my rain pants in.

I participated in the chain and sprocket group buy, so whenever that gets delivered I will be working on that next.