My 2011 Orange FZ6R Mod Thread

Bolt on or not a change to a stock vehicle is a modification.
I understand where you are coming from, I'm just sharing my progress with the bike.
there isn't too many orange FZ's around here figured i'd contribute y'know?

Aside from that i should have my projector and flushmounts done tonight. Will post photos when i can.

UPDATE!

Projector Retrofit Complete!
Proton Flushmounts Installed
Plasti Dipped Windscreen

GkrQc.jpg

hzTup.jpg

Bfdzc.jpg

HxOaN.jpg

z4Cov.jpg

I used the Sportbike Stage III kit from the retrofit source with the GTi-R shroud.

Yeah its the 3000k Morimoto 3five.

Daaayyyummm! That retro looks sick on that color bike! Good job man!

Yes in deed black...for awhile i though you and i were the only ones

Yeah i was thinking about removing the decals eventually.
i wish the Rear seat cowls weren't so overpriced and actually came in orange.

Look around, i can't remember the site i saw them on yesterday but they had the copper/orange ones but were $169 USD.

What?????????? Where did you find this?????

What?????????? Where did you find this?????

Probably Ebay at that price, there is a dealer on there that sells seat cowls for the FZ for 169, even includes the hardware so you don't have to take it from your seat.

Can you confirm the links where you purchased the retrofit kit? I found this, and looks to be the same...even one of their image examples is a blue FZ6R :)

Sportbike Stage III Kit - Complete Retrofit Kits from The Retrofit Source Inc

The kit is totally growing on me, and while I cant afford to get it now, Im already starting a Christmas list :thumbup:

Any install tips/tricks? Anything else to know/buy, etc?

Also, random question on the plastidip...do you think a Quicktrip/Smarttag would work through the windshield after this is done? Im hesitant to do this cause my smarttag is mounted to my windshield.

Thanks for your help!

Just talked to one of my pals at my yami dealer. The orange seat cowl was discontinued before it was sold. Damn this economy. You can get the paint from colorrite.com but that is al we can do. SO i am gonna get the paint and a black cowl and get it painted. I don't think i will be happy with a black one. I can get the seat cowl from my bud for $135. The paint is gonna be like $200 shipped and can get it painted for a $100 SOOOOOOO. know i wait.

Had no clue haha :) Im pretty sure im doing the light...totally not my skill set though, thus why Im asking for specifics on the mod. Ill have to see if he posted his retrofit up as well.

Back