MV Agusta Brutale?

Brock Kickass

I was browsing a dealership today, and I found what seems to be a pretty good deal on a 2011 MV Agusta Brutale 1090. I have been looking to upgrade my FZ6R for a while now, wanting something I can street like my 6R, but light up on a track when the opportunity arises. Does anyone have experince with this brand? I have seen evidence of reliability issues in the past. Have they been adressed? I know the temptation to flame is great, so flame is you must, but the bottom line is that I have been planning to buy an FZ1 and do the naked Euro conversion. The Brutale is available at almost the same price as the FZ1, and the work is already done to make it look the way I want. Besides that, I love owning a Yamaha and meeting other Yamaha riders, but there is a certain attraction to having the only one of something in town. I don't really want to be superior, just a little different. Most of all, though, I want a high-performance bike that I can ride to work during the week, and go to the track and bend my mind on the weekend. Any input is appreciated!

CrazyCawi

what prices are you finding? we have very good prices here on them as well. I lve the MV product, especially the italian design factor.

MV's do have a higher percentage of failures than the typical japanese brands, but not alarmingly high. Overall volume is very low, which makes the repair numbers seem high, but other bikes fail in larger numbers, just not in ratio. Also keep in mind that the MV engines are race-tuned, and as such are a bit tempermental to tune, maint., etc. MV also builds the best helicopters in the world!

JonKerr

Elite Member

Fizzer6R

wow almost the same price in canada eh.

head over to the MV Agusta forum and see current Brutale owners cost of ownership and any problems etc. however since 2011 won't be a lot of high mileage ones yet

try to get dealer to throw in 1st service free :thumbup:

Deanohh

wow almost the same price in canada eh.

head over to the MV Agusta forum and see current Brutale owners cost of ownership and any problems etc. however since 2011 won't be a lot of high mileage ones yet

try to get dealer to throw in 1st service free :thumbup:
I got my wife a small Aprilia and right away the stupid brake light switch on the brake lever quit working. I wanted it repaired under warranty so the dealer ordered one and then called back to say that they were on back order and it could be 3 days or 3 weeks or 3 months until they could get one, even though it was a safety issue because of no brake light. He said since you should use the front and rear brake at the same time it shouldn't matter much. I called BullS**t on that one and told them to forget it and I'd get a switch on Ebay and fix it myself, which I did. So screw them and I'm not buying any other Italian stuff.... Not sayin MV is like that but I'm not taking a chance.

Unless I could get one of the new F3's which is so beautiful I wouldn't care.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member