MT-07 is coming

abyss1406

I love naked bikes, good reminder of where bikes came from and now where they are going.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Fizzer6R

rossi and lorenzo like the dark side of japan

latony007

rossi and lorenzo like the dark side of japan

whatever that model starship is on top of the headlight and bars looks horibble.

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member
Y

yellowfz

If a twin is in order a Ducati is the only way I would go, sorry Yamaha. :eek:

BKP

I love naked bikes. I love full fairing bikes. What I HATE are half fairing bikes. (Sorry to any FZ1 owners :eek: ) Either be a naked bike or be full fairing. But just a top fairing is Fugley... snip
I actually like the half-faired... Offers a little styling/wind protection without making an oil change or chain cleaning a PITA... Would love to see the 09 in a triple half-faired version... (because after demo'ing it, with its upright ergos, I'd add a windscreen anyway).

If the FZ1 came out in the new ergos/triple, and managed to bring mileage into the 42+ range, I think it would be a no-brainer ... for me...

JonKerr

Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

FastFreddy

I thought the naked bubble peaked 3-5 years ago already.
Good for city riding, not good for the wind blast.

Twins sound piss weak to my ears. Bup Bup Bup, rather than the zing/race engine sound of a 4. They'd need to put a turbo in there before I'd look at it. When it comes to engine sound I prefer a bit more form over function it seems, normally I always go for function.

FastFreddy

I'm joking, I realise that dry clutches stop crap getting in the oil.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgqJI0M30_s]The Ducati Sound - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dNmxLdUkx4]The Ducati Sound II - YouTube[/ame]

Y

yellowfz

I thought the naked bubble peaked 3-5 years ago already.
Good for city riding, not good for the wind blast.

Twins sound piss weak to my ears. Bup Bup Bup, rather than the zing/race engine sound of a 4. They'd need to put a turbo in there before I'd look at it. When it comes to engine sound I prefer a bit more form over function it seems, normally I always go for function.
I have to agree with that analogy. Nothing like a nice 4 cylinder 4 stroke sound, but with a Ducati you are not going for the sound just the refinement of the bike.
I had my first ride on a BMW and though the twin stuff was crap (rode a Harley first), after the ride I decided that maybe I was wrong, fast and smooth, Ducati's are so cool because of the mechanical valves and the sound they make, nothing like it, smooth and powerful. Don't get me wrong nothing is like a 4 cylinder and is always my first choice, but a Ducati or BMW is fine with me too.
I like to call all twins and single cylinders "thumpers" thump, thump thump when idling.