Moving On From FZ6R...

Hellgate

OP, if you're looking for an "around town" bike, how about a Moto Guzzi V7 Special?

V7 Special.JPG

If you really have your heart set on a 600SS, honestly, all of them are amazing bikes. Find one that is a year or two old and you'll save a fortune.

Happy hunting!

Last edited:

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member
Last edited:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

RoadTrip

Here comes the boner again!!! LOL She's a beauty... I got the college $$$ secure for my wife now. Partly because I file as single all year on my tax then by the end of the year $$$. And my wife is a full time student, paying out of pocket is a nice tax break too.

So my next bonus is going towards my new ride (got a wife a new car this year... got it cover!) Can't wait...
which bike you lookin at, the Tuono?

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

rskinz6r

so after thinking about the z1000 know i dont know what i want lol. I guess looking at a 1043cc bike scares me a little and found videos on how easy it is to lift that thing off the ground and may be thinking its not for me. I know ill be safe i always remember everything i learned in the MSF course and i can honestly say i dont get crazy on the motorcycle, i let all the other crazy ones on youtube do it for me lol.

So im looking at everything ive looked before, a supersport, cruiser, smaller naked like the FZ8. Ive ridden my bro-n-laws 06 R6 so i know i can handle that, but im back to square 1...

RoadTrip

The other concern would be the lack of wind protection and tire useage. I tell ya, a good old 600SS will keep most riders happy for years, in fact my next bike may well be just another 600, I might try the new Ninja 636 just to mix it up. At one point I was thinking about a liter, but now I am kinda thinking more power is not really needed, the 600SS seems to be an endless progression for rider skills, so flickable and smooth that keeps it easy to ride, but with a fierce top end that I really still don't even live in yet. ~2yrs and 16K miles, and I still got plenty to learn from the gixxer 600.

rskinz6r

yeah i hear you. i dont need a ton more power, i always told myself id never get into the 1000's but when i saw the z1000 i fell in the love with the styling but after thinking about it as much as i do want it, i dont need it and know its not for everyone, even myself.

i still love the 2010-13 GSXR600'sm thats what i wanted for my first ride but talked myself out of it due to price and power, and went with the 6R for less power to learn on. Im a little bigger set guy so a 250 would have bored me out real quick, i know cuz i rode my nephews and was in 6th gear within 5 sec and knew i wouldnt have enjoyed it.

efforex

yeah i hear you. i dont need a ton more power, i always told myself id never get into the 1000's but when i saw the z1000 i fell in the love with the styling but after thinking about it as much as i do want it, i dont need it and know its not for everyone, even myself.

i still love the 2010-13 GSXR600'sm thats what i wanted for my first ride but talked myself out of it due to price and power, and went with the 6R for less power to learn on. Im a little bigger set guy so a 250 would have bored me out real quick, i know cuz i rode my nephews and was in 6th gear within 5 sec and knew i wouldnt have enjoyed it.
I picked up a 2012 zx6r brand new out the door for 8600

rskinz6r

well been looking online today at possible bikes as usually sundays no motorcycle dealer is open, except for Harley. But anyways I may have found another naked bike. 2013 Triumph Street Triple. Looks cool and has a good riding position and has power, but not crazy like the Z1K. Ill be taking a look at it on tuesday so we will see. its priced under 10K so it is under my budget.

Detrich

rskinz6r

Well didnt take long but i have sold the FZ6R. just going through the process of bill of sale and stuff like that so now its time to get serious about my next bike.

its down to the Street Triple R, GSXR 600, Z1000

Detrich

I think u'll really like the GSXR600 b'cuz it's similar to the 6R- but much lighter and more power... But, honestly u won't go wrong with any of those 3 choices. i dont think u woukd have any trouble handling a liter bike either. It's basically like a 600 but with torque and power that's instantaneous- rather than power that spools up.