Motorcycle VS Deer

Deputyfarva252

AT 4:15 AM I received a call from my dad that he had just hit a deer on his motorcycle - he flipped over the handlebars did a somersault and landed on his left side. This is why always wearing full gear is so important. He has a bruised pelvis , bruised hip and possibly a fractured left arm. He was in shock when he woke up the deer was still alive , he stood up (being in a blind curve) removed the bike from the roadway and then call me before he called anyone else. I made him call an ambulance and then i stayed on the phone with him before fire personal arrived on scene. My dad is lucky to be alive but make no mistake he said he will ride again. You can do everything right and still get an accident had it not been foggy this morning he would have been doing 55 but because of the weather was doing 40mph . I will keep eveyone updated as we go along , hes sore and cant really walk and will have to walk with a cane for awhile

Facebook

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

ChUcK

I recall seeing some device that supposedly repels deer from jumping out in front of you, using sound frequencies unappealing to the deer. Did this gadget ever prove to work, or did I just dream it up?

I think that the deer have been waging a conscious war against motor vehicles since day one, using kamikaze tactics. It's the only explanation for all the deer attacks.

XTRAWLD

My sister in law has a little "deer whistle" she has attached to her car after one smashed into the side of her while driving. She hasn't seen a deer since and regularly commutes through deer country so apparently, they do work.

Remember if you see one crossing your path, aim for the tail....keep thinking and telling yourself tail tail tail.

CDN6R

Sorry to hear about your Dad,but glad to hear that he is in good hands. I wish you, and you family speedy recovery.

Superzoom

I recall seeing some device that supposedly repels deer from jumping out in front of you, using sound frequencies unappealing to the deer. Did this gadget ever prove to work, or did I just dream it up?
From my research, there is absolutely no statistical proof that deer whistles work.

Deputy, sorry to hear about your dad. Hope he's OK.

Detrich

dang, sorry to hear about the accident. and, hope your dad is ok and fully recovers...

did u guys at least eat the deer? :)

CtrlAltDl

My CBR came with deer whistles. I haven't hit any deer yet, so they must be working. ;-)

Of course there is not too many deer here in the Seattle 'burbs.

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

Deputyfarva252

so finally after a month of walking around in constant pain my dad finally was told today that he is going to require surgery to repair his pelvis , he needs a plate and 4 screws to hold it level , he wont walk for about 6-8 weeks until this is finished healing then about another month or two of physical therapy ....he only hit the damn deer at 40 mph , I tell you i love riding but damn this stuff will make you think twice about hopping on ...

bakkenlab

damn sorry to hear about that man, i hope the best for your dad and a speedy recovery.