MotoGP today (Spoiler Alert!!!!)

Rookasaki

You forgot about Marquez. I think he's going to have a huge impact on the race results. He's on arguably the best bike out there, and he's got more experience on a bigger bike than most rookies used to have coming in to the big class. I think that's a HUGE difference that the Moto2 class is bringing to MotoGP. Before guys would come into MotoGP from the 250 class running 100hp 230lb or so bikes to 250+ hp 330lb bikes. Big difference. The Moto2 bikes are much more of a middle step for these guys and I think it's preparing them much better for the big ones.
I think Marquez will be up there in the top 5 for next year. He's a very good rider.

Detrich

I looked at WSBK's web page, but I couldn't follow what's what. Is there a page explaining what the general background of the league is about for newbies?

Fizzer6R

I looked at WSBK's web page, but I couldn't follow what's what. Is there a page explaining what the general background of the league is about for newbies?
what are you looking for?

Fizzer6R

MotoGP is in a world of hurt. The move to bring the CRT bikes to the series was a mistake. They are slow and get in the way of the factory rides. You basically have two Championships with in one series. It's hard to watch anymore to be honest. MotoGP should be 100% prototypes period. Bringing CRT bikes to the mix just to add racers was stupid. I'm starting to like WSBK more and more....
think MotoGP will still draw interest and attendance at events, but yeah right, the whole CRT thing is a joke, no one wants to ride em. sure someone might get some podiums but no way do they have a chance at the championship. reason why Crutchlow is upset now combined with his teammate, dovi getting the duc factory ride. even though it's duc, he's italian and it's a big deal for him, not to mention $5.mil. - provided he doesn't get seriously injured in the next couple years, it'll all be worth it to him

Detrich

what are you looking for?
i just want to know how the WSBK works... for example, what class bikes are in the races, how they are regulated. how do they score the races, what the circuits are. MotoGP's site is very easy to figure out and find all the information. But, WSBK's site is just too dense with shit everywhere. It's like needle in a haystack...

Fizzer6R

Detrich

Fizzer6R

to be expected, but still... way to screw the guy over eh?

Cal Crutchlow,”angry and disappointed”with Ducati - topsportracing.com

o_O
don't really see how duc screwed him over, they talked to him about signing and changed their mind. it's their decision, not his. he's just pissed he didn't get the factory ride, and i'm sure news that dovi is getting $5.mil. helps the bitterness

look at it this way - rossi is the one that went to yamaha to start discussions about going back. so duc isn't suppose to be pissed their current rider is spending time and effort to set up next year while there's still plenty left this season.

it's racing, these guys have egos as big as their talent

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited:

Detrich

i guess so...

Fizzer6R

Cal signed 1yr contract w/TECH3

Fizzer6R

Lorenzo snags pole position! :thumbup:
gotta be him or Pedrosa, unless something else major happens.

PREDICTION: spies' chain or front wheel will fall off, letting rossi get on the podium finally, since numbers are in favor for em now since stoner and hayden are out

Rookasaki

gotta be him or Pedrosa, unless something else major happens.

PREDICTION: spies' chain or front wheel will fall off, letting rossi get on the podium finally, since numbers are in favor for em now since stoner and hayden are out
haha @ Spies... Poor guy can't catch a break!

It's sad when we know it's going to be Lorenzo or Pedrosa... There needs to be more guys up top battling for the win.

Fizzer6R

haha @ Spies... Poor guy can't catch a break!

It's sad when we know it's going to be Lorenzo or Pedrosa... There needs to be more guys up top battling for the win.
get this, latest rumor is that the WSBK BMW spot he was suppose to get, went to another, forgot name. and now ben's in talks with MotoGP Gresini Honda, or Suzuki, or bicycling :eek: guess he's very big into it

Rookasaki

get this, latest rumor is that the WSBK BMW spot he was suppose to get, went to another, forgot name. and now ben's in talks with MotoGP Gresini Honda, or Suzuki, or bicycling :eek: guess he's very big into it
Bicycling? wow!

I can see him riding for Suzuki since they don't have a rider!

Detrich

Is Suzuki rumored to be back in MotoGP in 2013?

Bruno

Once again Ben spies didn't finish the race. What the hell is going on with him? He used to be a great rider! Good race, very exiciting last lap, it turned out pedrosa won! I`m starting to think those points Bautista stole from Lorenzo in Assen will make a difference at the championship ending, i hope i`m wrong...

Rookasaki

Once again Ben spies didn't finish the race. What the hell is going on with him? He used to be a great rider! Good race, very exiciting last lap, it turned out pedrosa won! I`m starting to think those points Bautista stole from Lorenzo in Assen will make a difference at the championship ending, i hope i`m wrong...
Spies is a great rider. Today you could clearly see something was wrong with his bike. He's just had some really bad luck! The race towards the end was awesome. I had a feeling Honda would come back and take it!

Fizzer6R

yeah can't blame it all on Spies, this year his crew has seriously let him down