Mods for old farts

stuna

going on 50 and with a bad hip , one hip already done , i made some mods that work for me
w/s is for a fz6 , cee bailees , but i made it work , and thats a laminar lip on it .
i made mv pegs so i can stretch out . for the bad hip . yes the right on is spring loaded so it flips up to put my foot down .
a russel seat , no more numb but :D
a fender extender for the dirt roads , from a gs500 as for the w/s the wife likes it and no more getting beat up on the freeway ;)
hyper pro rear shock . its great , i have the race tech valve on the way for the fork . ye ha

Attachments

Last edited:

cavcuz05

basically turned into a crusier...which i would have went with a V-Star or something thats built for comfort...but :thumbup:for making it your own

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Very nice! The Russel seat looks like it is specific for the FZ6R, is it and how much did it run?

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

stuna

the seat was 395 . first ride out was 275 mi in a day , seat great , hip :(
i do have a gold wing 1800 . but this thing a blast for the local playing . i have a drz400 with 22 k on it , but 6r is way more fun :D

stuna

I love the peg idea, I've actually rested my legs on my frame sliders for a second or two to stretch them....

The windshield just doesn't look right, probably blocks everything in the Sun, but just doesn't look right.

Seat looks comfy.

Parts list on those pegs, or custom made? I could see those helping out a lot on long straight trips.
pegs are home made
w/s funky, yup but the wind on me at 90 is no more than it is at 20 , i did my time of getting beat up in the wind . my first bike was a 1975 and it was new . i dont care what it looks like , it shur is sweet :eek:
as for the seat it is there day long version , the DO MAKE SPORT SEATS

JnT4Life

Did you change the bars or risers?

Heineken

Elite Member

stuna

the bars are raised up and back . thats one item twisted throttle got right :eek:. the mud flap , i just ordered one for a older suzuki gs500 the glued it on . i was getting mud in the radiator , not ant more . i think it was about 17 bucks

cavcuz05

What type of tip did you throw on the exhaust, is there any sound difference?
ita a comp works tip and its cosmetic ONLY not HP or Sound difference

tractorboy

MAN STUNA.....YOUR BUTT LOVES YOU!! Or you Love your butt.....either way

OHH thats so nice. My butt Likey!!

Some other old fart mods I would highly consider is Slurpee Holder, 7-11 Hold dog cradle.......

Man I cant stop thinking about how good that seat has to feel!!

tractorboy

ita a comp works tip and its cosmetic ONLY not HP or Sound difference
It really does not change the sound a bit? Youd think it would change it a little with more of a tube...but what do I Know!!

stuna

MAN STUNA.....YOUR BUTT LOVES YOU!! Or you Love your butt.....either way

OHH thats so nice. My butt Likey!!

Some other old fart mods I would highly consider is Slurpee Holder, 7-11 Hold dog cradle.......

Man I cant stop thinking about how good that seat has to feel!!
yup its great no more numb parts :D. a 300 mi day would not be a problem . the same style seat on my drz400 , i did 515 mi in one day . no biggy :)

flyingminno

yup its great no more numb parts :D. a 300 mi day would not be a problem . the same style seat on my drz400 , i did 515 mi in one day . no biggy :)
I will look at these seats in the future, but I did do a 550 mile Tuesday while on the stock seat. It held up surprisingly well though the next day of riding saw my endurance shortened :eek: