Model numbers?

new2yam

I'm looking on Bike Bandit for parts. They have several FZ6R models listed. Just wondering what the difference between them is and which one I'm likely to have. I'm guessing the (CA) ones are just for Cali. Thanks.

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Yeah, CA once are Cali bikes, the others are just color specific I believe. I just randomly select a NON CA version if I dont need something that is color specific.

new2yam

Thanks! :thumbup:

latony007

first one is cali black, 2nd is cali white. Third is everyone else black, 4th is everyone else white. Why is there a special bike for Cali and no other place on the planet? Since in the 70 and 80s we could not see more than 10 miles we have the highest emission standards in the country and probably the world. I hate it but I have to admit it has helped a lot. Air is way better than when I was a kid.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Bert-Aus

I believe once you rip out the cat when you do your exhaust,
all of the factory/ state enforced restriction is gone.

but then with all of your mods added, how extra weight are you carrying? (J/K)

Ravinx

no wonder why everyone pointed out how my top end speed was low compared to theirs
yeah you lose like 5 - 10 hp or something like that. theres a bunch of crap programmed into the ecu, extra piping and some other stuff. My bike is the cali version too. Flashed the ecu got rid of piping to the airbox. Found all this on the forums some where.

SixRFixR

yeah you lose like 5 - 10 hp or something like that. theres a bunch of crap programmed into the ecu, extra piping and some other stuff. My bike is the cali version too. Flashed the ecu got rid of piping to the airbox. Found all this on the forums some where.
Usually the California version just has vapor recovery from the fuel tank. That shouldn't affect performance other than add a few pounds. A 5 to 10 BHP difference is just too much. I need dyno results to convince me. I've never heard of anyone flashing the ECU on these bikes. "Piping to the airbox" probably includes oil vapor recovery in addition to fuel vapors from the carbon can. A useful item that should be kept.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member
Last edited:

JSP

Super Moderator
I was trying to be nice, really I was :) I'm just not very good at it.

This part sort of looks like he is stating a fact:

theres a bunch of crap programmed into the ecu

I can see where, taken out of context like that, it doesn't mean anything because there is, after all, a bunch of crap programmed into the ECU, but that's not really what he said. But I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I hope he didn't pay too much to have his ECU reflashed :)
Reflashing an ECU can have lots of benefits...

FZ8 and FZ1 guys get huge improvements from it. Even on stock bikes.

Guhl Motors - ECU Reflashing and More is one company, there is another that is used as well but cant recall off the top of my head.

No clue about the 6R though, but other bikes see many improvements.

Can't speak for CA emissions stuff either..

latony007

I do not believe its 5-10 horsepower loss. I doubt any, im sure there is an extra couple pounds but they would have to list the horsepower specs as different on their website etc. or some fool would be suing them daily.

JT your right Bakersfield is one of the worst in the country. L.A. is still up there but not the top spot anymore. most of the cali cities are up north.