Me too!

Leslie0568

Hi all. I'm not new to riding but new to sportbikes. I've been riding a VStar 1100 for the last three years but I've always wanted a sportbike... so I bought one... this afternoon. My favourite sales guy found an '09 FZ6R (still in the crate) back east for me, so it is now on its way to me. Now all I need is warmer weather.

I think I probably have a lot to learn about riding this instead of a cruiser so forgive me if I ask seemingly-stupid questions.

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

Rookasaki

The only stupid questions are the ones not asked...:)
Congrats on the new bike. The 6R is a great sportbike... One tip of advise, hold on :cool:
:welcome: to the family :Sport:

6R Blackout

Welcome and Congratulations

Hi all. I'm not new to riding but new to sportbikes. I've been riding a VStar 1100 for the last three years but I've always wanted a sportbike... so I bought one... this afternoon. My favourite sales guy found an '09 FZ6R (still in the crate) back east for me, so it is now on its way to me. Now all I need is warmer weather.

I think I probably have a lot to learn about riding this instead of a cruiser so forgive me if I ask seemingly-stupid questions.
Congrats on the new bike and Welcome to the forum, and hey ask all the questions u want cause I sure did and everyone is very helpful on here.:welcome:

Sage

Welcome to the Forum and if you can't find what your looking for w/ the Search just let us know and we can help ya out! :) :welcome:

CDN6R

Hello and welcome to the Forum. I guess since you are on the West Coast and I am on the East Coast,, we have Canada covered!:thumbup::canada:

DragonBlu

Welcome,going from an 1100 heavy weight down to the FZ6R just be carefull of too much brake on less than perfect road conditions. I also went down from an 1100 size. Ride safe! Have fun! ;)

sammy56

Welcome,going from an 1100 heavy weight down to the FZ6R just be carefull of too much brake on less than perfect road conditions. I also went down from an 1100 size. Ride safe! Have fun! ;)
Also, don't be fooled by 600 cc vs 1100cc. Other than at perhaps 2000 RPM, your new bike will make your cruiser seem like it was lacking in power. I am not sure what a fair comparison is and the two style of bikes act completely different, but a 600 sportbike is likely more similar in power to an 1800 cruiser, but way different in where the power band is. Power (as you know) on your new FZ6R is high up in revs and has good power in the middle.

LB

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
:welcome: to our great, wonderful and somewhat dysfunctional family!!

One rule, though....you are not allowed to lick the windows, we have enough goofballs doing that already! :rof::rof:

Leslie0568

:welcome: to our great, wonderful and somewhat dysfunctional family!!

One rule, though....you are not allowed to lick the windows, we have enough goofballs doing that already! :rof::rof:
Thanks... they tell me I put the dys in dysfunctional... wait, that's not right... ummm what is it they say? :D Oh and windows? I don't clean 'em so I won't lick 'em.

JSP

Super Moderator
:welcome: Glad to see more and more members popping up! :D

Insure Gal

Hello and welcome to the Forum. I guess since you are on the West Coast and I am on the East Coast,, we have Canada covered!:thumbup::canada:
Don't forget me I'm even further east than you!

Welcome aboard Leslie, glad to see that you've come over to the dark side! Less chrome polishing more riding!;) :cool:

Detrich

congrats and welcome! :)