Cheers MartyI cut off the stock stack and push the aluminum stack inside as far as I could, close to the TB to improve airflow. I think I had to oversize the holes in the airbox a bit since the rubber stack expand when you push the other ones inside. Then regular hose clamp hold them in place... Also just as a precaution, I drill a very small hole on the edge of the stack and use some lock wire from the edge of the stack to the hose clamp. Not sure if you need it, but never had issue with it. I was afraid that it slip out over time since I was tithing hose clamp on the taper part a bit.
Ok, so I cut the stock ones short and slid the tapered ones in. I have them sitting flush on the bottom and they are quite tall. Will test it tomorrowKeep us posted. I just bought I set of FZ6 cams off eBay so these would be next on the list if it works out
Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Yeah I dremeled mine below the bottom ring (burnt rubber everywhere) and used the smallest amount of oil to slide them in. Going to cut the airbox open and move the stacks similar to stock heightsI did cut them off. Can't remember how much... I thing I kept 1/2" straight and push them in as far as it will go. I had to oversize the 4 holes in the airbox so the stack tapper can expand the rubber and go deeper.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk