Marthy Exhaust Group

MrPyklet

Dual Underseat Exhaust

Okay, I don't know if I am waaaaaay behind in the exhaust section but I wish I hadn't bought my TBR and Juicebox so quickly, no regrets on sound or performance because check this out!

Two Brothers Racing Exhaust 005 2570108V for Yamaha FZ6R 2009 2012 | eBay

What are your guys opinions on it? I love the "under the seat look" like on the R1's. I am thinking of taking my TBR off and selling it to replace it with one of these!!

:aus:

bleedinblue

Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member
Last edited:

Rob

'Q'
Elite Member

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member
Last edited:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

travisH3

Over 3000 miles with my marthy's exhaust going strong. Get compliments everywhere I go. I'm sure marthy and many others have more miles than me on his exhaust system but I can't drive mine to work every day. For some reason it's hard to tow a mini excavator with a fz6r. Haha

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Bert-Aus

Someone posted this the other day in the Facebook group...:facepalm:

Sellers like this piss me off, because they say it will fit, but in actuality, what you get will not look like that. The part number they list is for the Titanium Full System that everyone knows. Putting the different picture with it, doesn't change that. I think people still struggle with the differences of the FZ6 and FZ6R

An undertail exhaust is pretty much impossible for the FZ6R, because there is just no room for it. The swing arm would have to be moved back as to offer better clearance, and even still, the rear tail design just doesn't work with under tails. People have enough trouble with the tire hitting the license plate with a fender eliminator, and now you want to put cans under there? Hopefully more people see this, so that will put the undertail exhaust to bed for the 6R.
++1 The FZ6 battery is also up front under the tank, well out of the way, to allow space for the pipes and cat to pass through

Side Note: at trackday last weekend got plenty of praise for my Marthy system:thumbup:
Sounded sweet powering out of and down shift gurgles into corners

mdgreene2001

Not a Marthy but I felt like this would be ideal place to show it

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

mdgreene2001

Did a nice job there Brother... nice and tight!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
Thanks. I made my own brackets too. It's very loud and that's good. I'm using pcv with auto tune and I used the two brothers base map to start.... Took me like 7 hours to install pcv, auto tune, fit exhaust, and assemble. Most of the time was fitting. I used some exhaust pipe from a Nissan juke I had laying around and the bend was perfect, I used part of the resonator for the reducer. So piping was free, and quality. I used some 1/8"x1.5" bar stock and cut, bent, and ground for brackets that bolt in factory locations. When I disassemble the bike in the winter for suspension, cams, etc i will send it to get ceramic coated

Looks and sounds great marthy!

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Last edited:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member