Many have jumped to the R6 exhaust ship

stevet

Many have jumped to the R6 exhaust ship. I'm questioning if it's really worth it. Are the tubing dimensions appreciably bigger on the R6 pipes? Lots of guys have taken the headers we already have and made exhaust mods whether it's just punching holes in the muffler or cutting the cat off and installing an after market silencer. Just because it came off an R6 may not mean it will actually add more power except for the R6 mirrors of course. Also the blue FZ6r's are faster than the others. :)

JonKerr

Elite Member

Stricken

Totally worth it! Dont forget the power commander!

Spunky99

Based on the fact that you can build your own at 1/3 the cost, you can include a PC V and still be 2/3 the cost of a TBR setup without a PC V.
I haven't had my bike dyno'd yet but the difference is 15 to 20% more power with a butt check....

MikeN02

Not to mention if you ever intend you sell the bike you could just throw on the stock setup. If you mess up the stock exhaust them you're screwed.

cavcuz05

ive actually yeilded more than a tbr avg about 78 whp

Spunky99

ive actually yeilded more than a tbr avg about 78 whp
My Butt dyno is notoriously inaccurate.

The power increase is very signifigant. On full power takeoffs leaning forward the front wheel comes up when shifting into 2,3,4 gears and the acceleration is pretty violent.

I do the old freeway on ramp full power test going up the straight ramp at Artesia and shifting into 3rd gear, I am at freeway speed. A quick shift to 4th as I switch from the 405N to the 105E and lay her over on the long sweeping right transition about 5 stories in the air. Doing about 120 in 6th when I drop power at Prairie and exit.......

I used to do this with full power and now I'm at 3/4 throttle to achieve the same speeds....

jcbrown630

My Butt dyno is notoriously inaccurate.

The power increase is very signifigant. On full power takeoffs leaning forward the front wheel comes up when shifting into 2,3,4 gears and the acceleration is pretty violent.

I do the old freeway on ramp full power test going up the straight ramp at Artesia and shifting into 3rd gear, I am at freeway speed. A quick shift to 4th as I switch from the 405N to the 105E and lay her over on the long sweeping right transition about 5 stories in the air. Doing about 120 in 6th when I drop power at Prairie and exit.......

I used to do this with full power and now I'm at 3/4 throttle to achieve the same speeds....
I have also noticed with my R6 header and D&D pipe , the power in the upper revs is much more "violent" and on full throttle take offs the front wheel is VERY light if not skipping along the pavement barely touching.

cavcuz05

I have also noticed with my R6 header and D&D pipe , the power in the upper revs is much more "violent" and on full throttle take offs the front wheel is VERY light if not skipping along the pavement barely touching.
im in the same boat...only downside to mine is the muffler is really long...but i plan on cutting mine in december, as well as fixing my exhaust leak...how i dont know (maybe doubling up on the gasket(s)) then i should be sounding really nice...i might even get a better another tune done after the fact