Making your bike show-room shine

MikeN02

So I never really cared about this until I walked into the dealership one day for a bike event and noticed how shiny they looked. Thus, my research began.

One product came up a lot which was Original Bike Spirits Cleaner & Polish AKA Honda Polish.
I tried this, works really well. Just a quick spray to an area with a microfiber cloth and it's clean and shiny. This is a great product for quick wipe downs. I also read somewhere where a bike magazine uses this for a quick wipe down before a photoshoot as well.

Then I asked my mechanic what to use. He carries the product above but didn't say anything about it. Just asked me if I want to do it quick or a lot of work. I said a lot of work since I took off all of my fairings just to wipe down everything.

He gave me this product called S100. The company has a lot of products but he gave me the S100 Cleanser and S100 Wax. Told me to read the directions and you're good to go. Also to use the Wax after even if the cleanser looks good.

So I use the cleanser, then the wax and I've got to say it's like my fairings are make of glass. I can see details in my reflection. All the hardwork really pays off instead of a quick spray. I think it's because it's FOR making it shine instead of clean and shine.

So I would say get the Polish if you don't plan to make it shine but if you really want to get it good looking then get the wax.

iSpoolin

Im a Meguiars fan on anything detailing wise. Meguairs Quick Detailer, Meguairs Quick Wax is my quick clean set up. and Meguairs Gold Glass Wash, and Meguiars Gold Glass Wax is my full detialing setup not counting the waxes,swirl removers, scratch removers things like that I use along with my Portercable Buffer.

Most people say they never see a car as shiny as mine :) I'm one of the few people with a white car around here that you can see your reflection in ;)

I will try these products though, might work even better then my usual :)

Can't wait for spring so I can actually detail up the bike, its to cold right now :(

6R Blackout

So I never really cared about this until I walked into the dealership one day for a bike event and noticed how shiny they looked. Thus, my research began.

One product came up a lot which was Original Bike Spirits Cleaner & Polish AKA Honda Polish.
I tried this, works really well. Just a quick spray to an area with a microfiber cloth and it's clean and shiny. This is a great product for quick wipe downs. I also read somewhere where a bike magazine uses this for a quick wipe down before a photoshoot as well.

Then I asked my mechanic what to use. He carries the product above but didn't say anything about it. Just asked me if I want to do it quick or a lot of work. I said a lot of work since I took off all of my fairings just to wipe down everything.

He gave me this product called S100. The company has a lot of products but he gave me the S100 Cleanser and S100 Wax. Told me to read the directions and you're good to go. Also to use the Wax after even if the cleanser looks good.

So I use the cleanser, then the wax and I've got to say it's like my fairings are make of glass. I can see details in my reflection. All the hardwork really pays off instead of a quick spray. I think it's because it's FOR making it shine instead of clean and shine.

So I would say get the Polish if you don't plan to make it shine but if you really want to get it good looking then get the wax.
Where do you get this S100 cleaner and wax. Do they have a web site to go to and order from.:confused:

Detrich

Tnx for the info ^_^

MikeN02

Hah, just got a compliment from my brother. Told me he wanted my bike, said I just waxed it and he said yeah it looked shiny. But he only saw it at night.

EDIT: Here are some pictures, not the best quality since it's taken with an iPhone 4 but you get the picture on the last one.

Last edited:

6R Blackout

Thanx Mike for the link I will be ordering this week.:D

JonKerr

Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

MikeN02

Yeah my bike is one of the lowest but the Gixxers go all the way down (about 4 inches I believe and their already short stock). I had it lowered 3 inches as the seat height for the R6R is one of the tallest being at 33.5 inches even beating my friend's 2009 R1 seat height.

I was tippy toe on it but after shaving the seat I'm on half a foot. I'm comfortable enough with it now that I'm going to raise it up to be tippy toe.

I don't scrap the pegs, just have to be really careful with speed bumps and gutters. Not to mention I don't get down low enough to scrap anything. If anything the exhaust or my clutch slider would scrap first.

Roaddawg

Holy shit, I don't think I've ever seen a bike lowered that far in the triple trees before. That's crazy low. Are you scraping pegs everywhere like that?
Is that a pocket bike?!? :rof: Sorry, Mike, couldn't help myself. :)

No shit...Lemon Pledge. I've never heard that before. I'll have to give it a try. Thanks for the tip, Jon. :thumbup:

Roaddawg

Yeah my bike is one of the lowest but the Gixxers go all the way down (about 4 inches I believe and their already short stock). I had it lowered 3 inches as the seat height for the R6R is one of the tallest being at 33.5 inches even beating my friend's 2009 R1 seat height.

I was tippy toe on it but after shaving the seat I'm on half a foot. I'm comfortable enough with it now that I'm going to raise it up to be tippy toe.

I don't scrap the pegs, just have to be really careful with speed bumps and gutters. Not to mention I don't get down low enough to scrap anything. If anything the exhaust or my clutch slider would scrap first.
You can get away with it being that low since you don't have a lot of twisties there in Florida.

MikeN02

Yeah pretty much. But I hate going over bumps and feeling it and I like the look of it stock so I'm raising it.

I've heard of lemon pledge, haven't used it myself. My friend who used some wax he never told me it left white residue on it. Some guy told him to use lemon pledge and it worked, I haven't compared the two yet.

JonKerr

Elite Member

Detrich

Are you guys just applying the waxes by hand and with microfiber cloths, or with polishing foam pads?

PS. Your bike looks sick Mike... ^_^. Can't wait to upgrade...

Last edited:

JonKerr

Elite Member

ChrisFZ6R09

If i'm not robbing the Harley Davidson shop here in town, i'm using Meguires like ispoolin. mainly because it's one of the cheapest alternatives...it's easy and quick. I'm going to look into some of these cleaners though.

A great website to get some professional grade cleaners and equipment AND here some advice from the pros...We Are Car Care -- Car Wax, Car Polish, Auto Detailing Supplies, Car Buffers & Car Accessories Store.

A great way to keep your bike in tip top condition...which is a practice that is REALLY hard to accomplish but goes a long way...wipe it down every time you take it out. For some...that won't be easy, but it really makes "bug spots" that can eat your cleat coat away 1000 times easy to remove. The guys on Autogeek.net are SUPER talented. I learned out to keep my black car looking like a show room car for the past 5 years. My 5 year old car looks better than the dealership's!

ChrisFZ6R09

Bigevildoer

Pledge also works great as an anti-fog agent.
Put a quick spray on the inside of the visor, spread it out, clean up with microfibre cloth.

When I run out of my usual anti-fog I use the Pledge.

Bonus side effect is you get a nice lemon or orange smell the whole ride long! :)