Lowered her a bit

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member
At first I was a little skeptical about the drastic drop, but with my weight it kinda evens the bike out a bit. And with the wife on the back, my headlight doesn't shine upwards into the abyss anymore.

Attached an ok pic of the side view.

Attachments

Last edited:

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member
Last edited:

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

Fyke34

i lowered mine 2inches. took about 15 minutes to do. everyone that has seen my bike thinks it looks much better myself included. i didnt lower rear and havent noticed any problems at all. i definitely recommend this free quick mod.

Attachments

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

Mitch21

Do you have to suspend the bike to adjust the forks or can u do it on the ground?? :don'tknow:

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

Mitch21

im sure you can do it on the ground when you loosen the forks the bike shouldn't just fall you have to kinda wiggle them up by prying the clamp open.... but i did it with it half suspended so that it stayed up straight wile i worked on it
Thanks I would be able to keep it straight but not to sure about suspending it totally, might be my next mod :)

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

0150r

How tight did you make the bolts when you screwed them back down? I tightened them as much as I could, but I want to make absolutely sure that I don't have a catastrophic failure on the freeway.

kevin8198

Elite Member

0150r

I don't have one, do they make them for hex keys?

I just tightened it as much as I want to live. However, I'm not a big guy. If I overtightened them, would it be a bad thing?

richierich781

kevin8198

Elite Member