Lower MPG after 8k miles. Anyone else experience this?

linkgt

Looking in my service manual now.

http://www.600cc.org/forum/f91/how-sync-throttle-bodies-fz6r-15991/

That's way easier. I'm ordering the tool after this week.

Hey Sparkxx1, I was wondering if you received your Carbotune yet? I did but I dont think i'm going to synch it till early spring of next year. I almost have my bike ready for the winter :p. Anyway are you going to synch it soon or wait till next year? Asking because the weather in NY is getting crappier by the day.

linkgt

Well, i synched TB. MPG is still crap compared to when I first got it... (changed oil, +1 front sprocket, spark plug change, air filter, even synched throttle bodies) It's barely any better.. First gas line now goes down about 22-24 miles and im getting about 37-40 mpg, 42 on a good day. And by now the gas stations should have normal gas right?

I give up, dont know what else to do. I guess I should'nt have ridden the bike at top speed often, or close to, plus race the engine when I first started riding... must be an engine thing :surrender: screw it as long as it still works i guess

LS6TT

Well, i synched TB. MPG is still crap compared to when I first got it... (changed oil, +1 front sprocket, spark plug change, air filter, even synched throttle bodies) It's barely any better.. First gas line now goes down about 22-24 miles and im getting about 37-40 mpg, 42 on a good day. And by now the gas stations should have normal gas right?

I give up, dont know what else to do. I guess I should'nt have ridden the bike at top speed often, or close to, plus race the engine when I first started riding... must be an engine thing :surrender: screw it as long as it still works i guess

im a very conservative rider and im getting 140 miles max out of a tank of 93octane.

linkgt

im a very conservative rider and im getting 140 miles max out of a tank of 93octane.
Really? Well.. that's about what I get and then the low fuel light comes on. did you get your bike new? Edit: nvm 11 fz6r (doh!)

There has been an improvement since everything i've done to try and fix it. Before, at 110-120 mpg the low fuel light would come on now its when it hits 140. just wish it would go back to when it was new, heh. Well hope this helps if anyone in the future has this issue.

Last edited:

LS6TT

Really? Well.. that's about what I get and then the low fuel light comes on. did you get your bike new? Edit: nvm 11 fz6r (doh!)

There has been an improvement since everything i've done to try and fix it. Before, at 110-120 mpg the low fuel light would come on now its when it hits 140. just wish it would go back to when it was new, heh. Well hope this helps if anyone in the future has this issue.
yup 140-143 is the norm for the blinking to start. I low rpm shift and low rpm cruise. Yup bought brand new.

SpawnXX

Premium Member

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

KeysRider3

How is the performance of your bike? The same or better as when it was new? If performance is down in spite of the K&N and iridium plugs, you should check the condition of the injectors.