Look what theRook caught!

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Rookasaki

just a question how does it compair to the R1 u test rode? love the kawi look it would be my 2nd chose after yama.
I can't tell you yet as I'm still in the break-in-period... :facepalm: F'n sucks!!!
Thanks guys for all the comments... Yes I love the Red/Black.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

CrazyCawi

I'm lookin at the 08 Kawasaki zx600r

CrazyCawi

I love u too <3 and haha@liz :)

Rookasaki

Well first Id like to say congrats Rook, I honestly know that you needed the upgrade.The more you ride the 6r daily, with spirit.The more it just, well, feels like a power lifter that stopped taking steroids last month.
I dont know how to describe it, the bike doesn't lack, but it doesn't excite me much either.
When I first bought it, I was expecting just a TINY bit more.
I honestly think its the way the weights balanced.Theres just way to much of it at the front of the bike for 70hp.
If the weight was distributed differently, Id have a completely different opinion of my bike, wich isnt bad, I love it and I dont plan, I WILL keep mine as a alternate bike.
Im just saying that there was a dozen times I was cresting what I thought was the perfect hill, downshift to 2nd to see if I can pull the front end up, it just doesn't have the torque to properly deal with its own weight.I get twice the excitement from my 40 hp yfz450 or my dirtbike just because of the way they are balanced.Again im not hating on my bike, I know it sounds that way.
But I do love the bike.
Theres been times that i know for certain I wouldn't of ridden a different bike.Iv been caught in the rain on the interstate at times so badly that I had to follow the tail light of a semi, and stay in its tire tracks to keep from hydroplaning.On most other sport bikes I would of stayed home that day, or crashed.
But the 6r deals with poor conditions great, a major reason mines going to get a name, and a spot in the stable.
But as my primary sportbike, it just isnt balanced imo, I keep rubbing my boot on the ground at the same turn every time I go that way, my passengers complain about sore legs, I just know a upgrades on its way.But it will be awhile.I enjoy cruising just as much as a spirited ride anyway.
Last night I was coming home at 2am.I dont drink, had no worries.But I was stuck behind a car that was going very slow, 20 in a 30, and they were riding the white line badly (id say they were drinking).After about a mile, I got a legal chance to pass, feathered the clutch a little in 2nd, I looked down after the pass and was doing 42mph so I chopped the throttle, got down to 35 and the road just lit up around me, so I looked into my mirrors and a cop was dangerously close to me running my plates.
But on the 6r I didnt get pulled over, I would of on alot of other bikes, trying to ride safely and legally.
Im sorry for the long post, but after so many staff members making a change, I started to feel upset somehow.So I just thought Id try to think, and understand out loud.
Im not suprised at all that you guys want a better sportbike.Especially with where you live Rook.
But I was under the impression you guys commute alot, and needed more than a ss at times.
I realise traction control is around these days.
But I cant imagine going on a long trip, and a bike dealing with the unexpected the way the 6r does.
Maybe thats why im so intrigued bye the Super Tenere.Extra hp, better ergos, more storage, more safety when needed.
I guess im more suprised to see you guys completely ditch the touring side of riding.
For all of the riding videos iv seen posted here, I dont recall to many trips to the track..Just sayin...
I want to be able to ride to the grand canyon, and be tempted to ride down a mule trail while im there instead of snapping pics while I recover.Im just trying to understand why you guys only want a sportbike.
Roads might be funner some places, but they dont end.
Hey Blue great post. The 6R was a great all around sportbike. I really enjoyed her for the past two years. I think for me, deep down I wanted more. That's not to say the 6R can't handle her own... Because she surely can. In a nut shell, I wanted that insane rush of acceleration only a SS can provide. I do commute to work, however it's only a 30 mile round trip. Any crazy long trips would be an issue with a SS I'm sure... However I did take her out for a 120 mile ride and I felt fine. For me, I didn't notice the aggressive lean angle until I applied the brakes or let off the throttle (pressure on bars) other then that, it's was fine.

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Detrich

i honestly would've loved to have kept my 6r too- if i had the time to ride it. but, i just don't really do all day, long rides anymore. so, it made more sense to have a bike that's fun to ride for 2-3 hours at a time, and then be done with it. it also made no sense financially for it to sit there idle depreciating away- esp with paying for insurance and maintenance etc. :(

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Rookasaki

Keep me updated on how it works out for you.I guess I was happy and scared for you at the same time since you didnt keep the 6r, and didnt get a day in the saddle before buying.
I know you have a bad back, and cc has bad weather.Wich are both priorities in my future decisions.
Just make sure since you made the trade, you honestly let us know how it affects you daily.Tickets, tires, back, days of use etc :*).
Yea I read alot of reviews saying the kawi is comfortable.As long as I can remember, since like 04 its been a good all around ss.
I guess im just not used to seeing so many people sale to upgrade.Payments end, and its making me sad to see so many of you, give up such a nice asset, that you might miss.Heck some of us got a deal similar to what the ninja 500's went for 5 years ago.But its so much more, wich is why I passed on the new 500 back then lol.
Im already wishing for more out of my bike.But the 6r is nice, and fun, and I just feel like there are hidden strong points that a 6r has.Like keeping miles off of your new expensive bike that requires more maintenance.Being there to ride when you get a flat, or even making the wife or son learn to ride on.
I just hate to see them go, and dont want you guys instigating other people unintentionally.
I guess I couldn't build bikes for a living, I hates to see them go lol, and would hate even more, to see one of you guys end up in a situation you cant afford longterm, or that makes you lose some intrest in riding.
Cdn6r seems to miss his old 350 alot, and you dont realise what you miss until its been improperly replaced.
I think we have similar minds blue... Just comes down to this, I was a kid in the candy store who had diabetes :) I had to have the Ninja... I was always craving more from the 6R I guess, power/pull/acceleration... Other then that I loved that bike. Before I left, I walked over to her and kissed her on the tank and told her "thank you." As corny and weird as that might seem to others, I did. I put a lot of hard miles on her and she always treated me right. I do agree that the 6R is more practicable on the street then the SS is.