Little Black Plastic Fastners

A1A

Could some one please explain to me? How you get those black plastic fastners out? Those little devils that hold the plastic fairing pieces together.

Thanks!

Spunky99

Could some one please explain to me? How you get those black plastic fastners out? Those little devils that hold the plastic fairing pieces together.

Thanks!
Use a small screwdriver, chopstick or whatever and push the center in. It releases the plastic push rivet.

creggur

If it's the one's I think you are talking about, you press right in the center of the fastener and it will pop loose...I use a small allen wrench to do it. Got the same kind on my VFR.

owldaddy

The nice thing about these fasteners is they can be reused. Just push the center piece back in the opposite direction till it sticks out a little, pop it back in where it came out, then push the center piece flush with the outer ring. Pretty cool.

A1A

Bingo!
Thanks everybody for the prompt feedback and information.

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

yfz6r

I went to yammi shop to get two of the black fasteners, one bolt and a fairing clamp that the bolt screws into. Charged me $21. I like the idea of supporting brick and mortar stores but that just isn't practical when I can get the same thing shipped to my door for less than half that.