Lightning Brand sliders

dawg

Has anyone heard of these before? I asked the dealer to order some no-cut sliders and they are looking to order these ones.

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

Crocop43

Dealer? Who buys anything through the stealership? Even the genuine Yamaha part I've bought have been off eBay or other lower priced online retailers. :shakehead: :disapprove: :spank:

I guess if you got the money to burn...
Exactly what I was thinking

JSP

Super Moderator
Really? Lets actually try and help with peoples questions instead of chastising where they choose parts from.

OP, No I have not heard of this brand. Shogun or Intuitive are well known reputable brands for frame sliders.

A google search of that brand doesnt come back with any real negatives about them and many have indeed used them. I have no first hand knowledge of them. But I dont think you would be doing anything wrong buy getting them.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Spunky99

Do you have a link?
I only find then for other models but they are cheap at $14.00 on eBay.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

nobie318

I have them and they look good. I believe they would function well in the case of a drop. I had the dealership throw them in for free when i bought the bike :)

dawg

wow thanks for all the info!

I am a newb and ordered the Yamaha sliders when I purchased the bike and then realized after there were other options that didn’t require cutting. I had already paid for the sliders and asked the dealer if they can order aftermarket ones that didn’t require cutting. That’s when they mentioned this brand which has been on back order. So now I have asked them to give me credit instead and I will grab my own sliders.

I know there are a lot of threads on sliders but I’m still finding it difficult to determine which are the best brand. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Kevin

jmlevy85

Call t rex racing

I would look up Trex racing in Texas. They have a new no-cut frame slider coming out that is a multipoint mount. Mine are on the way but i have not seen them yet. Everything I have heard says these are going to be solid and quality

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

ChUcK

I have gotten them from two seperate dealerships
1. 1st purchase of the bike to be installed before delivery
2. A different dealer/service shop after my mishap.

Both times the whole kit was $127.95.
Are you sure you can't replace just the pucks? If not, that sounds like a terrible brand of sliders to me. Or do you mean that your mishap was bad enough that it ruined more than just the puck?

Last edited:
M

mas4489

I got some T-rex sliders.
instructions aren't that great and i had to use an existing engine bolt but i managed to get them on.
I read on here that a drop of lock tite on the bolt to hold the puck on to the mount would keep it nice and snug so i did that as well. So far so good.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member