Life Advice needed

MustGoFaster

Ah, sales jobs. Mine screwed me too when I left. They paid out my vacation at minimum wage as opposed to what it should have been with the added commission. Their excuse? They didn't have to pay it out at the proper rate, only the minimum wage. Nothing it writing, so there was nothing I can do. The lesson I learned? Next time I'll just take my vacay before I quit, and that sales jobs suck, because it's based solely on greed. "How much can I sell? How far should I bend the truth? Should I snake this loser's deal?" It doesn't stop at the salesmen, either. It runs aaaaaalllllll the way to the top.

I tried my damnedest to stick to my moral compass, but there were a few times I had to stray from the path to make ends meet. When people are snakin' ya, it's fight fire with fire, or leave.

The other moral of this story? Stay out of sales, LoL!!! :p

That sucks fer sure, CC. Sorry ya got boned. I agree with most everyone else. Unless it's oodles and oodles of dough, let it go. Just track the bastard over time and jump him in a few years wearing a ski mask and wielding your blunt-force-trauma object of choice after he's completely forgotten about it. :D

3ox914.jpg

danieljardim

I would probably wash my hands of the situation and not push it into a legal battle that just makes for more stressful situations. You've had a lot on your plate the last year or so and this just adds to it. Unless you need that money to eat next week, I'd let it be and do what another poster said and stick it to that guy down the road when you have an opportunity. There is no sense putting yourself in a sticky situation and risking getting black-balled from the industry that you specialize in.

Just my 2 cents... I know it's a matter of $$$ and principle, but you know that he will get what he deserves in the end. If there is no other person to contact to request payment, then I'd leave it alone unless you are 100% sure legal action will not affect your future employment / reputation.
The only problem I see for leaving it alone, the guy will never learn his lesson and he is gonna end up doing to someone else and you never know, CC may not be his first "victim"

FitZ6R

I had that same reaction, but the reality is it doesn't matter and that detracts from the discussion of the issue.
The OP didn't have any problem replying to my question. Whatever.

Spunky99

I went to the labor commissioner and they handled everything. Your current employer won't know a thing.
Not only did I get awarded the back pay but I got triple damages because of the time delay and interest. Apparently there is a timeclock that increases the penalties...So go hurry up and file.
Of course the bastard left CA and closed all offices here and only does business in Texas where they don't care what he did in CA.
So I still got ripped off but he can't do business in CA again forever.......

CDN6R

I feel for you CC I really do. I imagine that it really sucks when you work your ass off to do a good job and keep your employment when you eventually get shafted from the person you work for. I would be mad too,,infact mad as hell. Mad at him but more mad at myself because I let myself work so hard thinking that I will get my just reward. My thoughts on this?? Is it really worth it (after all it is $1000)?? I mean,,yes the guy owes you a grand but can you live with out it??? Is that money really going to keep you from losing,,your house,,car,,bike or more so your girl?? If not,,walk away.. you do not need the stress. I just had 2 guys I knew where I worked drop dead of heart attacks (one was 49, one was 53) beacuse they wanted to stay in their job (at Michelin where I worked) until age 55 to get the "cost of living allowance" on their pension. ( after 30 years service you can retire and get a good pension) I retired at 52 and could not stay another 3 years because of stress at work. Sure I will not get a C.O.A. for my pension,,,but I have really been happy these last 3 years plus with alot less stress. So for you sanity and Brooks too my advice walk away.

Detrich

judge judy is a retarded, illogical nazi... i saw a brief episode where one asswipe drove his car into another person's car- totaling it. judge judy said the victim was only due the KBB value of the car. problem is, the KBB is so low the victim could never find the same car at that price and would have to pay substantially more for a similar car. how is that restitution?

Fizzer6R

judge judy is a retarded, illogical nazi... i saw a brief episode where one asswipe drove his car into another person's car- totaling it. judge judy said the victim was only due the KBB value of the car. problem is, the KBB is so low the victim could never find the same car at that price and would have to pay substantially more for a similar car. how is that restitution?
don't insure. companies do the same thing?

Detrich

Well these were poor ppl I guess. But if u did nothing wrong and someone totals your car because they ran a red light or stop sign, shouldn't you deserve to be restored at least to how u were before? If the judge says the guy only owes u kbb value of the car and u cannot buy another car with that sum, aren't u worse off? Anyhow. Judge Judy is a Nazi. Don't go on her show.

LOL

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

Detrich

^ Huh, WTF? apparently u haven't seen her show. And, are you actually implying or offended because you believe that nazis are kind, compassionate human beings? LOL Judge Judy sure the heck is not... And, it's just an "expression.". I could've just as well said Judy is a ruthless dictator to get a point across.

Some poor girl got victimized by this asshole who totalled her car. She did
nothing wrong and judy stone cold told her she would not get- what most ppl would consider- "fair restitution."

Geez louise... I -WAS- making a joke.

And, I'm not sure why you are so upset or riled by that. But, I sense there is some hostility over this topic. I apologize if I offended you somehow.

But, that said, it's not right for you to take out your own personal issues out on me.

I've been on this forum long enough that ppl ought to know my sense of humor and how I am. or so I thought?

Since when have I ever deliberately tried to offend someone or been rude? :headscratch:

Last edited:

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

Detrich

Actually, I didn't know. Hahahaha

I do now. x_X