License plate tucked behind rear tire?

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

latony007

The mod bug is biting and I don't feel like painting another color yet...

I was having a discussion with a friend about his amazing 636. It went through Maryland inspection and he has been pulled over for speeding without anyone saying anything about his license plate. It's mounted under the fender behind the rear tire. I might give it a shot. I've been searching all over the forum but it looks like no one has done this with our bikes yet. Any easy way to do this?

Btw, not his bike, this is just for reference.

If you were wondering, this is him on his Ninja 636..... btw Happy Halloween folks!!
funny our work computers must block certain ways of attaching because i cant see the plate picture but can see the stormtrooper picture which is a classic lol

RooKie

Can't help with the license plate question, but just wanted to say that the stormtrooper pic is super sick! :thumbup:

LS6TT

Closest I could get using s made bracket just to get it as flush as I can to the bike. Couldn't get any lower without doing some drilling.

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

Bert-Aus

...make the tail look cleaner.
I always wanted to make the rear brake light "lens" shorter/ stubbier.
Kind of so it didnt protrude so far from under the rear seat (esp without the grab rail in place)

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

Egman702

I was going to try this on my wife's bike. But my 200lb *** mixed with the soft rear suspension said Hell No! Lol. I got her plate in what I thought was the best overall location.

"Those guys." In my area most of "those guys" with a plate like that are wearing flip flops and popping wheelies paying $400 a month for a liter bike they can't afford on a fresh M license... or with no license at all!

I love the look of our tail, just brainstorming free mods I can do, and might make the tail look cleaner.
Back when I was installing my Motodynamics tail light and FE during the past winter I tried this out and it looks sick without the ugly plate but I wouldnt want to risk a ticket where I live. Cops dont mind the pipe but if they cant see the plate, they get PO'ed. Thats what ended up happening to someone with a Cbr600 at my college.

MD cops can be d!cks, but I might give it a try. It doesn't help that I can't find anything definitive on the MVA website about motorcycle license plate laws.
Didnt someone with the Cbr954RR have his plate like what rbrdwn has? I think that would be a much better option compared to the hidden plate. Harley Davidson does this for their Iron 883s so it has to be some what legal. Just dont want to give a cop a "reason" to pull me over, imho.