Lesson Learned

Spunky99

Spunky99

The last 3 years it has been 10.50 11.50 and 12.55. I own all 3 from Sportys.

oyamyers

cmikew2

Hey oyamyers,
First of all sorry about the theft. I hate thieves. Second, a little advice for your son, I've been a pilot in the Army for about ten years and can tell you unquestionably that a test prep book like this one is his number one must helpful pub he can get his hands on (any will do I just did a quick google search for "afast study guide.")
Cliffstestprep Military Flight Aptitude Tests | Overstock.com
I just left Rucker where I was instructing for just over three years and his AFAST score is going to be a very important part of his packet, and books like this really help prepare you. When I first took the test I bought a couple of books about helicopters and aerodynamics and they didn't help a bit, the FAR/AIM will not help him unless he has prior aviation knowledge and needs to brush up on some key topics he knows might be on the test. I got in but my score was not that good compared to what most people are scoring to get into flight school today.

dndfindley

I guess most of the places we ride and stop are fairly safe, but I still take the helmet, gloves and tank bag in when we eat.... couple leaves theirs hanging on bike. keep saying one day someone is gonna have to ride back without gear :(

hey is that alien male or female? can't tell
That's me as well - I never leave anything with the bike. There is one exception - when I ride the Dragon and stop at Deal's Gap, the destination for everyone riding this route. There I along with everybody else leave just about everything on the bike, helmet, jacket, gloves, etc. Nothing but bikers there of all types from sportbikes to Harley's to scooters and nothing is ever stolen. I don't think I would leave my wallet on the bike although it would probably be safe but I'm not going to test that theory. David

oyamyers

Hey oyamyers,
First of all sorry about the theft. I hate thieves. Second, a little advice for your son, I've been a pilot in the Army for about ten years and can tell you unquestionably that a test prep book like this one is his number one must helpful pub he can get his hands on (any will do I just did a quick google search for "afast study guide.")
Cliffstestprep Military Flight Aptitude Tests | Overstock.com
I just left Rucker where I was instructing for just over three years and his AFAST score is going to be a very important part of his packet, and books like this really help prepare you. When I first took the test I bought a couple of books about helicopters and aerodynamics and they didn't help a bit, the FAR/AIM will not help him unless he has prior aviation knowledge and needs to brush up on some key topics he knows might be on the test. I got in but my score was not that good compared to what most people are scoring to get into flight school today.
Thanks C, The cliffstestprep is one of the books he wanted and he also wanted and we ordered Barrons military flight aptitude tests and Principles of Helicopter Flight. Thanks for the advice, I'll pass it along to my son.

oyamyers

cmikew2, I forgot to add, Thank you for your service. We are very proud of our son and all service members.

redprodigy35

That's me as well - I never leave anything with the bike. There is one exception - when I ride the Dragon and stop at Deal's Gap, the destination for everyone riding this route. There I along with everybody else leave just about everything on the bike, helmet, jacket, gloves, etc. Nothing but bikers there of all types from sportbikes to Harley's to scooters and nothing is ever stolen. I don't think I would leave my wallet on the bike although it would probably be safe but I'm not going to test that theory. David
I have a bad habit of leaving my gloves in my helmet, and the helmet (shiny new RF-1100) on the passenger footpeg on the right side of the bike.

Must stop-- because I have a feeling where it's one of those things that probably WILL slide for a good amount of time, but that ONE time when I'm least expecting it I'll get jacked.