K&N Filter....

evanc

Hey Guys,

This really should not be so difficult but I cannot find a K&N Filter anywhere....Local dealership said the part number was 152537 but I can't find it on the net.

Any Places to find these online?

Thanks,

Evan.

now on this topic is it really worth it to spend 50+ on a filter? how much does it help with our bike? and also whats the best step-by-step to change it out.

Good question. Is there any improvement with the K&N Air filter?

Interested before I go buy one.

Thanks!

Got one because it was faster and cheaper to get than Yamaha's. It's got fewer ribs than stock, but I think they are deeper. Didn't feel any different performance-wise.

It is an expensive for an air filter but eventually it'll pay for itself because you can clean it and reuse it.

Hi all, I do agree and disagree with links that where posted above. So I work for a large company (remains un-named but I guarantee if you have blood in you veins and live in north or south America Europe or Russia you have heard of this company) anyways we do a lot of research on the air filters Ect. However a lot of times the piping from the air cleaner to the intake itself leaves a lot to be desired. Primarily because under the hood area is prime real-estate and comes with a lot of give and take for other required parts. Hence the K&N systems for vehicles that are cold air intakes and let's say sucks dust rich air but cool air from the wheel well instead of from across the hot radiators that help disrupt some debrie/dust making it to the filter will increase your hp because of the straight shot and that giant cone filter. We can't build items like that due to dust requirements and standards, plus someone would drive through a mud puddle and try to blame us for sucking up a dirty diaper.

Anyways a drop in K&N filter will act the same as a stock. And a motorcycle with it's short cold air intake already I wouldn't expect to see any change, But they are very reliable and reusable. 3 filters it's paid for in most cases. :D

Back