alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

milepig

You should check out the roads in Southwestern Wis, kind of around the La Crosse area. Use google map with the terrain feature checked. I've heard it called "alphabet souping", just look for the county road with letters. Haven't been there myself... yet, going next year, but I heard there's some pretty fun roads there.

CrazyCawi

Well. I'm even further from Alaska now. My girlfriend is originally from Milwaukee and after 3 years of unemployment and random temp job assignments that last only a few days, a friend from here told her of a job here. She applied, did a phone interview and got the job. So now I'm here, and so is my bike.

I'm just curious who all is close to Milwaukee.
Im from minnesota. We should meet up and do the ABC runs in wisconsin dude, best twisties EVER

MustGoFaster

I'll be back in Chicago in 5 days. Only about 2 hours away, give or take. :D

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

WIyamirider

I live in Waukesha, about 30 minutes directly west of Milwaukee. I've lived here for my whole life, so if you have any questions about the area, let me know!:welcome:

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Maadi

My only experience of Wisconsin is driving up to Green Bay area, my in-laws live there. We were there for a vacation in August and rode their bikes around and up to UP, Michigan. And it was so boring! All the roads up there are flat and straight! So my advice is: do not motorcycle around Green Bay - Door County area! Watch out for farm equipment and deer!
Congratulations for your girlfriend for the new job!

0150r

I am from the Appleton area (3 hours north). I'm currently in San Diego but will be moving back next fall. I've heard that there are a lot of fall group rides through some of the forests that look amazing with the changing leaves. Be prepared to see a lot of folks without helmets on though.

Watch out for deer on the country roads! They will run out in front of you and then stop to wait for you to hit them.

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

CrazyCawi

As long as he doesnt become a full fledged cheese head and become a Packer Backer... It is ok! ;) LOL
Im a packers backer. Whats it to ya? :cool:

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

III PETE

I'm right at the border if WI/IL. Takes me about an hour to get to mitchell. Go to youtube and look up the miltown throwdown. It's a HUGE group ride in Milwaukee. It was about a month ago but it's something worth checking out for next year.

Daa Bears!

Grumpy

Milwaukee is a bit of a ride for me, but not bad. I'm in the northwest burbs of Chicago.

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

DiHydro

I'm up in Oshkosh, seems like the better riding roads are to the west and to the north, although along the lake would be a good ride.

latony007

well at least the weather in Alaska and Wisconsin is very similar :)
congrats on the new job hope all works out for you.