Just lost my job.....who wants to ride today?

ry-mac75

If I were in the area - I'd definitely be up for it. It's a lousy feeling. Hang in there.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
If I were closer, I'd be down for a ride too.

Sorry about the news. Hang in there.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

Detrich

sorry to hear that man... hang in there. ride safely...

Krappy

Sorry for that man. Something better will come along it always does. It may take time, but it will happen for you. Good luck and ride safe.

MikeN02

Really sorry to hear, something good will come your way. When I quit my job I was jobless for a month with no plans and then some oppertunies came up from a friend.

Also, don't do anything stupid when riding such as riding an unlawful speed for too long. When emotions are high they could affect you when you don't realize it

JonKerr

Elite Member

MikeN02

VERY Good Advice! I went for a ride when I was totally pissed about something from my old job and damn near killed myself. Never ride angry or emotionally distracted. Riding can be a great way to get away from it all and relax. But make sure you do that and not dwell on what you're trying to get away from while you're riding.
Of course I've had a similar experience about how I had extremely rude customers at work one time. Took the bike as I was upset/angry/confused/disappointed all in one go and I hauled ass. Thank god nothing happened but as I was leaving I did ask my friend if he wanted to come (just in case something happens as I knew I had a hint).

About 10 minutes into the ride all of the stress went away. Riding on a motorcycle clears your mind because you're in the outdoors with fresh air, you don't have lingering thoughts about the past and your concentration is on the road.

I consider it a healthy drug.

Kspalla

I was layed off for a year and was getting those stupid "we will call you back in for work when it picks up" phone calls. When everything fell through another avenue opened and a great job was there that didn't get effected by the econ.

things will turn around

On a side note: Im near York and work above Gettysburg, there arn't many of us local or i just haven't found anyone else yet.... Kinda late in the year but if theres another nice couple days we can go for a nice ride.

:Sport: