It's possible to turn our FZ6R with the side stand?

AL72

Hi fellas. I've seen some guys flipping his motorcycle with side stand, most sport bikes. It's possible to do this with our (a bit) heavy bike? It could damage the side stand?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6RLmlGRPn8

Thanks!

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

Superzoom

I have to do it often because my bike is parked at the top of my parking spot in an underground condo parking lot.

BigRobb

I do it pretty often. It can scratch up the pavement, especially soft asphalt. Just be careful balancing the bike.

There have been times where its just easier to do this than try to turn the bike around by just pushing back and forth.

rrob5382

Ill have to give this a try sometime, where i park my bike its about 15 yards or so that i have to push it backwards, would be much easier to just turn it on the spot

AL72

Ill have to give this a try sometime, where i park my bike its about 15 yards or so that i have to push it backwards, would be much easier to just turn it on the spot
Yeah, I have this same problem from time in time, I need to push the bike backwards some distance. I thought do it but I feel I could damage the stand.
And yes! How MiltonDorkenhoff says, this guys turn his aluminium-frame+120hp-bikes in places with plenty space just to impress everyone around!

Regards!

adamo3957

Firstly the title should be Is it....? It's = It is, it is is a statement not a question...

Ok grammar Nazi aside, Yes it is easily possible to turn the bike around on it's side stand, it's a common practice, also heard it under the name of kickstand b!tch, or stand turn...

I used to need to do it on a daily basis due to parking, have also done something similar to lube the chain in sticky situations (Leave front wheel on ground during lift, bike in neutral, you lift, then mate turns wheel and sprays lube...).

Your fine provided you have the body strength and height, bakerxderek did a video of it recently (can't see youtube at work so don't know what video you've linked).

Don't drop your bike and blame me tho...

abyss1406

I do it constantly BUT the bolt that attaches the kickstand to the frame is what you want to look out for, they can bend and buckle.

Fizzer6R

Firstly the title should be Is it....? It's = It is, it is is a statement not a question...

Ok grammar Nazi aside, Yes it is easily possible to turn the bike around on it's side stand, it's a common practice, also heard it under the name of kickstand b!tch, or stand turn...

I used to need to do it on a daily basis due to parking, have also done something similar to lube the chain in sticky situations (Leave front wheel on ground during lift, bike in neutral, you lift, then mate turns wheel and sprays lube...).

Your fine provided you have the body strength and height, bakerxderek did a video of it recently (can't see youtube at work so don't know what video you've linked).

Don't drop your bike and blame me tho...
hey grammar Nazi, it's you're :p