It's great when...

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

stuna

the snow melts
i go to ireland
i watch this
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXPqCv9dV6g]YouTube - Celtic Woman - Fields Of Gold[/ame]

stuna

when moneys dance and do not ride bikes
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ2nVL1-XFk]YouTube - Monkey River Dance[/ame]

PhatPhizzixxer

Ditto to the big smile on kids' faces when see you.

When you ride by a campground & smell something delicious grilling!

When you're out early & you have the whole road to yourself.

On a cold day, you can grip the tank & feel the warmth radiating through you.

When a guy walks up to check out the bike & then does the double-take when he realizes I'm a chick riding a hot bike.

When other chicks give you the thumbs up while riding in their cage wishing they had one too!

When ANY cager gives you the thumbs up!

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Big +1 to making kids smile.

It happened twice the other day. I was sitting at the light waiting to turn into the hospital parking lot and I heard someone whistling at me. I look over and the two females in the truck next to me were making the "rev it" gesture (twisting their wrists in the air). The driver yelled she had little boys in the back, so I did and they were all over-joyed. :)

Then, on my way home from work that same day, a father and his two sons crossed the road in front of me. When I got to the light they were turned all the way around to look and point. So I waved and their faces lit up. :D

FitZ6R

When the rider in front of you pays your toll. I guess that's obsolete in the day of electronic passes, but it used to be an occasional occurence.

MikeN02

- The "Sport Bike" Wave. Knowing others that are going through the same things as you.

- Being the only one out in the cold until you see another bike

- Being Small, fit in bike lanes or lane split when you're close

- Cool motorcycle gear

- Looking badass

- Changing yourself, I was a real quiet person but now i'm open, since people come up to me and talk to me about bikes

- The Speed, I can't drive a car anymore because I get so bored I start to fall asleep.

JonKerr

Elite Member

bsoder

-Getting on the bike after a crappy day at work and forgetting all about it

-Watching Isle of Man and heading out for a "spirited" ride before the enthusiasm dies down

btastarsky

...you get lots of girls asking if they can get a ride.
...you can jump on the road and just forget everything for awhile.
...you invest in something that truly makes you happy for a change.

:Sport:

flyingminno

- you find yourself completely immersed in riding the twisties and predicting the angle of the next curves, that every little bad thing on your mind disappears.

- a full parking lot with cagers acting like parking space vultures, and you see motorcycle parking right at the front :D

porky45

- you find yourself completely immersed in riding the twisties and predicting the angle of the next curves, that every little bad thing on your mind disappears.

- a full parking lot with cagers acting like parking space vultures, and you see motorcycle parking right at the front :D
when two cagers park too close for another car to fit in...but your bike... your bike fits in with plenty of room!

bmw675

-You head into a perfectly banked, tight 180º turn, get your weight shifted off the bike, head low, arms are relaxed, bike is stable, counter steer just the right amount, looking through the turn, feel a slight scraping of the peg as you're rolling on the throttle, accelerating through the apex of the turn and exit smoothly on the perfect line. :D Best feeling ever on two wheels. :Sport:
these exist? in due time i guess.... :thumbup:

JonKerr

Elite Member

bmw675

Yes it does. 20 or so times in about 10 minutes if you're on Palomar Mtn. road and have no traffic in front of you.
i would love to find places like that. time for a road trip.

Insure Gal

It's awesome when....

(this is a repsonse thread to the It sucks thread:))

- a nice twistie road that had a lot of pot holes get a face lift and a fresh black top.

- the sun's on your shoulder and you don't have to be anyplace soon!

- the tank is full and the day is new!

Last edited:

creggur

- you're "in the zone" and the bike and you are working as one.

- your knee puck glides like butter on the asphalt.

- the temp is perfect for riding in full leathers.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member