it sucks when...

corwin06

-when birds start playing chicken with you o_O
-almost dump it after showing off
-having to explain why your bike sounds like a golf cart and only does 135...why does everyone think every bike can do 180 no problem? oh yeah cuz most can haha

24KMACH

Christmas 1959. Tacoma Motorcycle sales delivered my new Yamaha YD2. I rolled it out Christmas day for my first ride.[until then I had a mini bike with one speed.] So I roar up and down the street tapping the shift lever from first, to first, to first thinking all the time I'm really doing good. By accident I somehow hit second. WOW! This thing really goes. Finally I figured out how to shift the thing. Thank God nobody was watching I felt like a fool. I was just 16.

Stephenfz6r

Pulling up to a red light without downshifting and then trying to take off in 6th gear when the light goes green. Then spending another 30 seconds tying up traffic trying to get it into 1st.:banghead::spank:

Blueraven

When you reach over with your thumb to hit the turn signal switch and the tip of your glove keeps hitting your horn, so everyone keeps looking at you wondering what you're honking about.

Hoops 09Raven

Yep that happened to me last night at Bike Night at a local motorcycle shop so tons of peeps heard me hit the horn...only to then stall it :(

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

NoDoze

When you reach over with your thumb to hit the turn signal switch and the tip of your glove keeps hitting your horn, so everyone keeps looking at you wondering what you're honking about.
I do that from time to time too! To prevent embarrassment, I look around like it wasn't me - which is idiotic in itself because people know that cars horns don't sound like that, just motorcycles and scooters :p

Tmak73

You see your friends so you speed down the street to make some noise and when you brake you hit sand, your front tire locks, and you go down. That was on my first bike and it hurt my pride more than anything. Showing off just always seems to end badly IMO

NoDoze

You're put-putting down the street, on your merry way with a 50cc scooter. Then all of the sudden you have a 100+ pound Golden Retriever on an intercept course towards you.

The 50cc isn't strong enough to slow down and take off (as they teach in MSF) so the big dog ends up in front of your scooter and you fly over the handle bars. lol :eek: Came out with only scratches and a broken beloved scooter (dog just yelped away, he was ok).

That was my first two-wheeled machine back in 1988. Because of that accident, the owner basically paid for my next bike - 1987 Yamaha YSR50! :D

See red

I have honked on accident as well, I do however ask some inane question like where is dunkin doughnuts???? lmao! Unfortanately there has been a time or three where they look at you and go.... um..... right there---> dam. it's at the light lol!

See red

You're put-putting down the street, on your merry way with a 50cc scooter. Then all of the sudden you have a 100+ pound Golden Retriever on an intercept course towards you.

The 50cc isn't strong enough to slow down and take off (as they teach in MSF) so the big dog ends up in front of your scooter and you fly over the handle bars. lol :eek: Came out with only scratches and a broken beloved scooter (dog just yelped away, he was ok).

That was my first two-wheeled machine back in 1988. Because of that accident, the owner basically paid for my next bike - 1987 Yamaha YSR50! :D
HAHAHAAHHAhahahahaa I did that with a black lab and a 81 honda 50cc!!! man that was pathetic! You got a new ride... I paid 400 for vet fees!

Superzoom

What you SHOULD do is start giving the finger to a random person, so it looks like they pissed you off and made you use the horn!

DakinechicK

Trying to look SUPER hott on your bike with your crush around and you take off to look bad ass and end up hitting N instead of 2nd and the bike revs up super loud... durrrr

iSpoolin

When you ride your bike to town and your showing it off to your buddy. He ask to hear it start so you say ok, then it won't start, so you fight with it for 15 minutes testing your battery and cursing the bike, only to realize the bike wasn't in neutral.

CrazyCawi

When you go to pull out of the parking lot and two kids are standing there saying nice bike, and you go to start it and it dies, try to start and dies, try to start and then it dies again....you look up at the kids as they start to laugh, look down, put up the kick stand....then start it....OMG did I feel like an idiot....

JonKerr

Elite Member

Fenixgoon

When you go to pull out of the parking lot and two kids are standing there saying nice bike, and you go to start it and it dies, try to start and dies, try to start and then it dies again....you look up at the kids as they start to laugh, look down, put up the kick stand....then start it....OMG did I feel like an idiot....
haha smooth! :D

my own:

you upshift 1->2 and continue on the throttle, only to find yourself slowing down. congratulations, you didn't kick hard enough to pass neutral! :D

did this today on my duo ride. also smooth ;)