Is this weird...you tell me...

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, so I need to know whether I should be flattered or a little freaked out.

A little back story....
I came home from work the other day and the wife had put the day's mail on the counter. She said there was something for me, so I went to look. What was sitting on the counter is shown below.

Attached to the package was a business card that said "Nice bike!" along with an address. At first, I had no idea who the person was, then I realized the address was from down the street. Turns out, it is a guy in our neighborhood, whose house I ride by twice a day going to and from work. He has all kinds of "big boy toys" like an old Corvette, several quads and dirt bikes, and I have occasionally seen a blue FZ6 sitting in the driveway. So I guess he went out and found a toy motorcycle that closely resembles my cadmium yellow FZ6R and placed it in our mailbox with the "Nice bike" note on his business card.

Is that a little creepy, or is it a weird sign of admiration??

DragonBlu

I helped solve a murder a few years back and a lady from work gave me a toy detectives set. At fifty something I thought it was a little weird,but I took it as a sign of admiration. I am guessing through their eyes it looks different? If he sends you dolls beware!

artkatz111

Yeah, that's weird. Not the "I'm going to stalk you and kill you" weird.. just a bit odd. Hopefully, he happened to see the toy while he was out somewhere and thought about your bike. If he lives in your neighborhood, I wonder why he didn't just bring it over and drop it off?

JonKerr

Elite Member

llervero

May be is his way of starting a conversation.

JSP

Super Moderator
I think its pretty cool, not weird at all. I'd swing by his place and say "Thanks". Maybe he was just out and saw it and decided to snag it up for ya.

arcflash316

Wish my neighbors would leave me toys.... They call the cops and tell them a loud bike rides around at night past 12 and so I get pulled over on the way to work because they suspect it was me (even though I never ride that late)....Consider yourself blessed to have such nice neighbors:D

pyrocpu

I helped solve a murder a few years back and a lady from work gave me a toy detectives set. At fifty something I thought it was a little weird,but I took it as a sign of admiration. I am guessing through their eyes it looks different? If he sends you dolls beware!
I sure hope you're in the professional occupation of solving these sorts of thing (read: law enforcement), and not just a hobbyist who gets his thrills solving major crimes like that! :)

Anyhow, to the OP--if his business card has an email address, start with that. It'll take the edge off of any perceived "creepiness" there is!
Don't forget, for every one creepy guy, there are dozens upon hundreds of nice people out there!

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited:

pyrocpu

I guess it's just because I have some very strange neighbors I would find that creepy. It's odd because we live in a nice neighborhood on a private street. But the two houses at the end of the cul-de-sac have drug dealing grand kids living with them. The neighbors directly across the street are ULTRA religious and have tried to "convert" us many times. (we're the heathens who lived together before we were married according to them :Flip: ) And the neighbors down the street have moved and are letting their son, the 2 time convicted felon, (burglary and armed robbery :eek: ) who just got out of prison live there. My father in law (who lives next door) is an ex cop so he finds out all the details about the people living around us. So yeah, if one of them put a little toy motorcycle in my mailbox, I think I'd be a little creeped out. :rolleyes:
Oh.
Gee.
With that background info, I can certainly understand!
But is this guy one of the creepy ones you mentioned?

I hear ya about the heathens part. Here in the Buckle of the 'Belt, apparently I'm one of those who need saving. I'm being prayed for, quite a bit.:rolleyes:

GoGreen09

Who knows, he may just write you in on his will to get some of them grown up toys! You'll need to move when dolls and lingerie start showing up in the mail! :D

jdesiano1

At first I was like awww (i thought it was your wife) then I was like HHHHHMMMM (I thought it was going to be some chick admirerer) Then I was like WTF kinda weird to me. LOL

However there is an older couple behind us who have no children and they have sort of adopted us. So you never know.

Keep us informed...

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe when I go get stuff for changing my oil, I will pick up a toy corvette....and then leave a note that was written with random letters from different magazines...

:justkidding:

I'd like to go talk to the guy in person, but his front yard is like a fortress. It's the only house in the neighborhood that has the front yard fenced in, and it nearly comes out to the road. The only way into the yard is through a large swinging gate for his vehicles, which he keeps backed up so the gate can't even be opened. Not to mention, he has a few dogs, including a Doberman the size of a large Rottweiler. I'm thinking the email is going to be my best bet, unless I can catch him out in the yard sometime when I ride by.

Last edited:

mfischler

Elite Member
You never know man! Maybe it is a really valuable collectors toy or something..........then you can sell it and get another mod!

cbzdel

Kinda weird yet kinda cool at the same time....

porky45

it's a conversation starter... Kinda weird for him to flag you down if you are just riding by so he figured this would be the next best way.

Craxican

deifinitely WEIRD...but if the guy lives in a fortress, he may just be a recluse and doesn't know how to talk to people outside of his business...(what business is he in?)...

tips to figure out level of creepiness:

- Does he want or take pictures of you?
- Does he have a basement and want you to see it?
- Is he in construction or have access to DEEP holes?
- Is his favorite movie Silence of the Lambs and somehow just understands Buffalo Bills lament?

In all seriousness...though, send him an email, letter, or call him at least to thank him, but be careful, don't want to hear on the news about how some guy became the victim of a serial killer who hasn't operated since the 70s or how someone got caught up in witness protection case and ended up dead...

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Lol...he is in the construction and forestry equipment business. So I guess he has a number of ways for chewing up trees into little bitty pieces. Take that for what it is...:eek:

I sent him an email, we shall see how it is received. Hopefully I don't return to a burned down house or something! :justkidding:

Last edited: