Is new FZ6R coming for 2017 or YAMAHA might discontinue?

arvi_sd

Hi

Im new to this forum and planning to buy a used 2015 FZ6R.

wanted to know if yamaha might discontinue the FZ6R or significantly upgrade in near future?

if so i dont want to get stuck with the outdated model.. any info or suggestions helps

thanks.

BzB

to be honest the fz6r hasn't seen any significant changes since released in 2009. could be argued it's already outdated. that said, the bike is very reliable and easy to maintain. i'm not concerned in the least about what happens when/if yamaha discontinues this model.

i also think this bike could eventually become more popular once discontinued and prices fall. there aren't many faired bikes that are good all arounders and also able to keep new and experienced riders entertained.

Chucker

It wouldn't surprise me if the FJ-07 replaced it. 8 years is a long time to stay with an unchanged model, and I can't believe they'd make a new model when they have the FJ-07.

ReChUcK

the bike is very reliable and easy to maintain. i'm not concerned in the least about what happens when/if yamaha discontinues this model.
Absolutely. You will be able to find compatible parts to keep your FZ6R running strong for quite some time.

NGK CR9E represent.

arvi_sd

Absolutely. You will be able to find compatible parts to keep your FZ6R running strong for quite some time.

NGK CR9E represent.
Should i assume that the parts availability will be there for another 5 years atleast? and resale won't drop quite drastic?

other options I'm considering are Honda CBR 650F or Yamaha R6

Drennan57

Should i assume that the parts availability will be there for another 5 years atleast? and resale won't drop quite drastic?

other options I'm considering are Honda CBR 650F or Yamaha R6
The R6 is a completely different class of motorcycle and doesn't offer the same versatility so keep that in mind.

I like the 650F tho. Haven't ridden one but the concept is on point.

arvi_sd

The R6 is a completely different class of motorcycle and doesn't offer the same versatility so keep that in mind.

--
Thx and decided to go with fz6r and price is hopefully good.

Paying around 5k for 2015 with less than 1k miles

Shall post pics soon.

Chucker

Don't worry about parts. This bike will be supported for a very long time. There are a lot of them out there.

xorbe

Hard call. The FZ6R has been a decent selling bike among beginner and intermediate riders, but with the FZ-07 being lighter and more powerful, I think the end is near.

EDIT: Oh, and CHEAPER TOO!
Imo naked twin isn't really a replacement for faired I4 ... I passed over FZ-07 and stepped down to R3, just to have fairings. There is a custom fairing kit out there, but it's track oriented / no headlights / crazy $ / etc. The upright bars and pegs cause riders to complain where the pegs are when stopped.

MrFrzZ

I sat on a cbr650 and I feel like the re is a lot more bike in front of me on the fz6r. Might be a false sense of security, but I like the fz6r much better.. Going to do the fz1 bar swap I believe....

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member