Incident this week

JR_99

Hi, so I know I don't post much here but I read almost every post everyday and feel the need to vent some frustration with a recent incident that happened to me: (sorry for the long winded story in advance)

So earlier this week I was in Newark NJ for work. If you don't already know Newark has a terrible reputation for crime. And not only was I in Newark but I was in one of the worst neighborhoods in Newark. Anyway so I'm driving down a residential street minding my own business and out of nowhere my truck gets struck by a bullet. Not even a second later I hear an ear-piercing bang smack against my window. I speed the hell down the street and get the **** out of there. As im going down the street I see a bullet hole in my driver side window and another one in my passenger side window. Later when sitting with the cops I looked at the trajectory of the bullet and it went through the window over my steering wheel and out the passenger window. Completely out of the blue two little punk kids shot two bullets at my truck one coming within inches of my head. I've returned back to work but haven't been able to stop thinking of it. I try not to think of what could of/would of/should of happened but just thank god that I'm 100% ok.

Anyway again sorry for the long winded story but felt the need to vent a bit.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

DakinechicK

Yikes!!!!! That sounds super scary... sure glad nothing bad happened to you!

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

oyamyers

Wow! talk about work hazards. I have a slightly used helmet I'll give you for protection.

Attachments

DragonBlu

Wow! talk about work hazards. I have a slightly used helmet I'll give you for protection.
That's crazy,be careful and take a different route. Oyamyers, maybe you are still suffering from that bump on the head. That was some funny offer. I choked on my sandwich. :)

MustGoFaster

Wow, that's jacked up!

+1 to finding another route/job.

BKP

Why I like conceal carry states...we can fire back!
+1

If it went through or cracked the engine block (and a .44 mag can do that) and stopped your truck... what then? Hide?

Very glad to hear you were able to bolt... I agree with the others, steer clear of Newark, at least until you get your Howitzer concealed carry...

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

FiXXer

JR 99 I feel you bro. I had a similar happening 10 years ago. It will rattle you when you stop to think about it. Just be happy you are in one piece man. That is what's important.

Michael Wilson

crazy sht bro... glade your ok to ride another day!

FastFreddy

That's scary. A truck driver in Sydney here got shot in the head like that, he just happened to drive past a KFC carpark when these dumb kids were shooting at each other.

Last edited:

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

6R Blackout

pack some heat to protect yourself

buzzbomb

Elite Member

BoneJj

damn dude, that's some messed up crap right there. I hope this is a once in a lifetime event for you. I know I wouldn't be able to deal with that mess.... I've been shot at enough while active duty, I wont tolerate it in my own country.

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

redprodigy35

Crazy stuff bud -- glad your OK.

Newark is nuts. I've had the "pleasure" of riding through a few times myself.
The last time I went, I took a wrong turn somewhere and ended up in a ghetto/industrial area which was pretty bad -- and I'm from NYC!

Getting out of there that day turned into a horrible game of "avoid the crackhead" -- tons of doped up crackheads taking their time to cross the street, completely oblivious to any form of traffic. Living obstacle course of sorts! I had multiple "Pookies" approach the bike and start ranting some nonsense only a crack user would say -- "I'll buy your bike for 5 DOLLAZ!!":zombie:

Place is out of control for all purposes of discussion. Simply avoid as much as possible.

And to those saying pack some heat -- I feel you and know what you mean, however NJ is not that type of state really. You can go about getting firearms for your protection, but your rights are limited compared to other states.

Good luck and glad your posting here to tell us the story. I know I will def. be more on my guard if I ever venture through there again with the bike.

JR_99

Thank you, certainly appreciate the kind words from everyone.

And definitely got a good laugh at a few. :D :D

Thank you.