ICE Your cell phones

alishas

I came across this on a different forum and thought it would be a good idea...

ICE - 'In Case of Emergency'

We all carry our mobile phones with names & numbers stored in its memory, but how many of the people we ride with will know which of these numbers belong to our closest family or friends?

If we were to be involved in an accident, the people attending us might have our mobile phone but wouldn't know who to call... there are hundreds of numbers stored, but which one is the contact person in case of an emergency? Hence this 'ICE' (In Case of
Emergency) Campaign.

The concept of 'ICE' is catching on quickly. It is a method of contact during emergency situations. As cell(mobile) phones are carried by the majority of the population, all you need to do is store the number of a contact person or persons who should be contacted during emergency under the name 'ICE' (In Case Of Emergency).

The idea was thought up by a paramedic who found that when he went to the scenes of accidents, there were always mobile phones with patients, but they didn't know which number to call. He therefore thought that it would be a good idea if there was a nationally recognized name for this purpose. In an emergency situation, Emergency Service personnel and hospital Staff would be able to quickly contact the right person by simply dialing the number you have stored as 'ICE.'

For more than one contact name simply enter ICE 1, ICE 2, and ICE 3. If your phone allows it, add names or titles to assist the person dialing (ie: "ICE 1 - Mom" or "ICE 2 - Judy")

You should also reconsider having a "password" on your phone to unlock it.

Let's spread the concept of ICE by storing an ICE number in our Mobile phones today! Spread the word.

ICE can speak for you when you are not able.

Another way so it is on top of your contacts _ICE (the little dash will move it to the top)

My husband and I both have a app called COZI family locator, what it is is a GPS locator and in the case of a emergency we have a red panic button that will call him and local police if needed. There is a ton of other apps out there but I like the ICE idea better. Just my 2 cents...

ajones70

Lock screen emergency contact

I password lock my iPhone in case I lose it. But on my lock screen I have this:
In case of emergency please contact and my husbands name and cell, work and home #.

This way theres no wasting time getting into my phone or contact list.

Sage

yeaaa, i'm screwed. I password lock my phone on many levels and there is no homescreen message function, at least on my version of android.

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

Dustin600

In case of emergency please contact and my husbands name and cell, work and home #.

Do you have an app that allows you to do this?

ajones70

Phonto app

Do you have an app that allows you to do this?
Yes, it's called Phonto...you can use whatever picture you want, even from your photo album and it allows you to write whatever text on the photo, different fonts, colours, can put text in box, sooo many options.....you should have a look at it.

ajones70

yeaaa, i'm screwed. I password lock my phone on many levels and there is no homescreen message function, at least on my version of android.
Sounds like you need to upgrade to an iPhone!!!! lol

kevin8198

Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Sage

Sounds like you need to upgrade to an iPhone!!!! lol
NEVERRR!!!!!! plus my carrier doesn't even have the iphone ;)

homescreen photo!

just edit your favorite photo and add the info
So much work Don, I wish mine was like the galaxy where there is a separate unlock and homescreen background

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

BoneJj

Excellent thread first off.

And this is what I have done. I have a similar system that pops up on my home screen for in the event of an emergency.

BoneJj

I do not depend on any electronic device to survive a crash.

Contact information is written on paper, and stored in a plastic sleeve in my wallet along with the health insurance card and drivers license.
Another good thing to do...

I have a laminator, I should get the whole family to do this one. Especially my niece and nephew. My nephew has just started carrying a wallet. Thanks for the idea.

ajones70

BoneJj

for some that is a down grade....
lol, I agree.

I likes me android phone. I have a few months to go and then I can upgrade to the S4 or maybe it'll be an S5...???

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member
Y

yellowfz

Been a Linux fan/user for almost 15 years so Android the Linux phone OS is the way I go.
I realize that Apple is a Unix derivative but Google has the Open Source openness.

The LG Spectrum has a separate lock screen option and user defined area for messages on lock screen, where the ICE is for me.

NUISANCE

After my accident 2 years ago I put ICE on both my phones and have a sticker on the back of my drivers license too. Might be an option for those that have a locked phone.