I love my FZ6R... so why am I looking at Monsters & Street/Speed Triples?? :(

pyrocpu

Just like the title says... I can't help but look at Street/Speed Triples and the Monster 1100S! I've had my FZ6R but just under 8mo and 2600mi... hung quite a few parts on it (see sig), but still find myself heavily lusting after those two bikes!

What's wrong with me? :banghead:

Help convince me to keep the FZ6R for at least a couple of years!

Stricken

Just like the title says... I can't help but look at Street/Speed Triples and the Monster 1100S! I've had my FZ6R but just under 8mo and 2600mi... hung quite a few parts on it (see sig), but still find myself heavily lusting after those two bikes!

What's wrong with me? :banghead:

Help convince me to keep the FZ6R for at least a couple of years!
Get a 2nd bike like i did :Flash: I got an SV650 I toy around with. the Vtwin powerplant is amazing.:Sport:

ksanbon

Human nature.

I was looking at saddlebags today and couldn't stop looking at this in white & black. Mesmerising!
2010 CBR600RR Colors - Honda Powersports
The red lettering on the front cowling is electric.

I'm not ready for anything faster, but it's fun to look.

Last edited:

Fogride

12 steps

I think there is a 12 step program for that. Not that it's ever worked for me. I kept one bike for years but I had 4 or 5 different motors in and out of it until I finally got a new bike. Then I started all over again. Go racing, then you can have one for each class.

Bigevildoer

If you're looking at the Monster 1100S, try the 848... I can't say enough about that bike!! It's freakin' amazing.

Or, if you can find one, look at the 2010 Buell 1125cr - Café racer style bike... if you manage to find one, you should be able to get it for $7500 out the door. The 2009's have stator issues fyi.

Later!

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Superfly

It's a human response from the caveman days. It allowed us 1000's of years ago to want to move out of our parents cave and get our own. Once we finally had our own cave we were all set...and then one day we saw that nice 2 entrance cave by the watering hole we had to have that...etc etc.

I'm in the same boat as you. I love my FZ6R but constantly looking at 996's.

BTW have you seen what 2 entrance caves near water are going for these days?!

ry-mac75

I was eyeballing the a few different bikes... talked to a colleague of mine that is an editor for another motorcycle website (uh... sorry fz6r staffers)... he said best bang for you buck is hte street triple R... I'll probably pick one up next year.

F

FZ6Rgurl

The Ducati 1100S is a fun bike, except for a rev limiter and that darn dry clutch sound. The riding position is actually really comfortable too.

jotapeh

It's a human response from the caveman days. It allowed us 1000's of years ago to want to move out of our parents cave and get our own. Once we finally had our own cave we were all set...and then one day we saw that nice 2 entrance cave by the watering hole we had to have that...etc etc.
I am still lusting after that cave. It's prime real estate! :D

ME_with_a_B

Ooooooo I love the Speed Triple. OMG!! A buddy of mine has a white one and he had me take it up and down his street -- wow... that bike really moves!!

As others have said... get a second bike! I have my gixxer and I love her even though I don't ride her (yet) -- she satisfies my need for something more. ;)

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

WenMark

I believe everyone looks all the time. It is just in our nature. Matter of fact we change on average bikes every other year according to stats. Change homes every 5 years. Cars every 3 years. etc, etc. :)

JSP

Super Moderator
Life is short, go for it and have a blast

Halon

I have to agree the street triple R sounds friggin fantastic, but my fz6r will satisfy my needs for quite a while I hope. Maybe someday I will trade it in against one, but that's just spitballing right now. For what I need the fz6r is perfect.

Also, bkingz get me all hot and bothered.

bmw675

i really dont care for street triple r, but thats just me.

but i agree with you, it never hurts to look, i try staying away from the dealership b/c i dont want to get sucked in yet, i need another year before i upgrade.

Brock Kickass

It happens. I picked up my FZ6R in March, and I have an FZ8 on order right now. As soon as the thing comes off backorder I'll be trading my 6 in. Great bike, and I truly wish I could afford to keep it and have another bike, but I will have to make do with one. Hopefully the 8 will keep me happy a bit longer. Happy riding!

Mart Man FZ6R

It happens. I picked up my FZ6R in March, and I have an FZ8 on order right now. As soon as the thing comes off backorder I'll be trading my 6 in. Great bike, and I truly wish I could afford to keep it and have another bike, but I will have to make do with one. Hopefully the 8 will keep me happy a bit longer. Happy riding!
You definitely need to post up a review of the 8 when you get it. If they sell them here in the US, I will probably get one.

pyrocpu

Glad it's just not me... phew!

I can't get another bike. l'd be shopping around for a replacement spouse if that were the case! I needn't ruffle too many feathers at this point...

I was pretty gung ho about it, then I read a post somewhere on here (sorry, forgot who it was) who mentioned that in your first year, you're pretty cautious. Year 3 is the year where the likelihood of something happening drops considerably. Year 2 is the cocky year.

Not even done w/ year 1 yet.

Sigh.

Dangit!!

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member