I just took the biggest leap of my life!

JonKerr

Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

gearhead

Good Luck! I did the same thing when I was your age and, 10 years later, it was the best change ever!

Detrich

best of luck jon! career changes are always scary, but may be rewarding... :) i'm sure you'll do well and enjoy the change of pace. it sounds like your boss was a micro-managing, slimey guy who would've driven anyone crazy. hate to say it but, it's no wonder some peeople go postal at work... hahahaha

one of my best friends is a radialogist. he spent 4 years undergrad, 4 years medical school, 1 year studying & taking medical board exams, 2 years residency, then another 2 years doing an extended radiology fellowship... he chose radiology because it's the only medical doctor that both has minimal contact with patients and that makes good money i guess. (he's not really a people person he said.) he and his wife both make good money now and have a comfortable living. but, he still is bitter about how much $ & time he had to invest into his training and how it wasn't worth it... <lol> the grass is always greener i guess?

i've changed careers about 2 times so far... started out doing financial accounting after college, then got into IT. so, i'm pretty burned out again too. but, i'm sorta too old now to find something new that pays what i'm making... so, i'm sorta stuck and waiting for a sign or good reason to do something else... if that will ever happen... lol i'd love to just be a paid session musician or write music for a living. but, it's such a tough field to get into. i have a few friends who are in the business. and, i envy them and don't envy them at the same time. i love the freedom they have with their time, but i also know working under deadlines can be hair ripping... oh well, we'll see how things go... life is always a mystery after all...

Last edited:

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

obie

That is too funny... I was actually thinking about doing the same thing... I'm 28 now with a business degree in finance and work as a claims adjuster... Was thinking about doing the same thing, because I'm not behind a desk all day and 2 yrs isn't that much school... Good luck with your journey and I hope the best for you!

jester8p

Good luck! Going back to school is always a smart career move if you find your current work is getting stale.

After two years, you'll realize it's the best thing you could have done.

ksanbon

Congratulations for taking the steps to move on. Exciting times! Try to keep the faith, always look forward, and focus on the positives.

Wishing you the best,
Keith

Blue-Sun

Elite Member
Good luck, I'm about to retire from 20 years Military service and venture into the civilian workforce for the first time and I'm scared to death.

JonKerr

Elite Member

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Way to go Jon! Pass some of the good karma in FZRblack's direction.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

PhatPhizzixxer

Congratulations, Jon!!

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Roaddawg

Good deal! I have a few family members who work for Kaiser as well and they have no complaints...good company. I've been trying to get my wife to get a job with Kaiser since she completed her Masters in Healthcare Management a few years back, but that's another story. :mad: Even though you'll be busy with school and work, at least you can still ride. I've been so busy, I haven't had the time to hit the twisties in a while, but I look forward to commuting on the bike every morning. Although its not as fun, I still enjoy the ride and I actually feel uncomfortable driving to work in my cage now.