I just got toasted.

MikeN02

I high sided going through a turn this morning. The rear gave out hit a patch of sand.

The bike started wobbling, threw me off. I hit the wooden sign with my body and then started tumbling from the road to the driveway while my bike was flipping as well.

As I was tumbling I had my arms out but I kept rolling so I thought I needed to tuck in and did, but man was it a long roll.

After the roll stopped my chest started hurting really bad, and I was struggling to breathe. My friend didn't know what to do, other friend told me to lay down. Guy who pulled over in his car was going to call 911 but I told him no while moaning that I just needed a minute (somehow I knew the pain would stop) friend told him to call. After a minute pain stopped I got up.

Lady said I was lucky, I could have been impaled by the 2x4 when I broke the sign. Homeowners said I did them a favor because they were going to take it down anyways.

My windshield shattered into pieces. From the looks of it I need a new clamp above the battery so the gas tank can connect. Tank is dented need testing for leaks. Whole new front end, lower triple tree. The sides were untouched.

Right now I'm fine, just a twisted ankle. Will feel it tomorrow.

bmw675

sorry to hear about this. If all you came out of this was a hurt ankle, consider yourself lucky, could be much worse.

I'm amazed it had that much front end damage and nothing on the sides.

From the looks of the one picture, it appears that someone cut grass and it blew sand out onto the road. could be wrong, but thats my guess.

MikeN02

sorry to hear about this. If all you came out of this was a hurt ankle, consider yourself lucky, could be much worse.

I'm amazed it had that much front end damage and nothing on the sides.

From the looks of the one picture, it appears that someone cut grass and it blew sand out onto the road. could be wrong, but thats my guess.
Thanks, I know I'm lucky. A lot of people told me and my friend thought I was dead. I'm no longer going to wear tennis shoes (my boots were on the way here). I was amazed as well but I guess the sliders were doing their job. (Frame sliders + Clutch sliders).

It's a pretty popular road, home owners said someone went down just last week.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Detrich

Dang, that totally sucks =(. But, glad you're ok man.

Sand & gravel scare the crap outta me too, cuz u never really know how the tires are going to grip... Sigh. Sometimes they go rt over, and sometimes they slip...

Rest up and hope u feel better soon. Then u can start working on the repairs.

ksanbon

Wow, Mike...I'm glad you're okay. Thanks for sharing - keeps us from getting complacent.

Spunky99

Mike,
Really glad to see you are OK. Spirited riding is fun but the results can be severe. That sand looks pretty far away from the turn so I take it you were exiting the turn with a good handful of throttle and hit the sand while almost straight up clean but carrying a bit of centrifugal force from the turn?

6R Blackout

Mike, man I am sorry to hear about your accident but I am glad you are ok. Take care bud!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Casey (aka) Hunter77!

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

roadrat

Glad you're ok Mike... that sand looks like beach sand... we get that around here in San Diego and it's a real bitch.

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Tmak73

Glad you are okay man.

iSpoolin

Thanks, I know I'm lucky. A lot of people told me and my friend thought I was dead. I'm no longer going to wear tennis shoes (my boots were on the way here). I was amazed as well but I guess the sliders were doing their job. (Frame sliders + Clutch sliders).

It's a pretty popular road, home owners said someone went down just last week.
Sounds to me some homeowners were getting a little pissed at bikes flying by there place, so they decided to put some sand down :rolleyes:

It's there fault though for living on the house in front of the one curve in all of Florida :p

All jokes aside man, glad to see your ok, the bikes fixable. You've had bad luck with this thing though.

Superzoom

Take care. Hope you're OK. I had a limp for three months after hitting a deer, but I'm running marathons now. Got some cool scars too.

Will your insurance cover you?

DragonBlu

Sorry to hear of this Mike. Hope you heal fast and get the bike running soon. Take it easy my friend!

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member