I did search. Radiator Gaurd

JSP

Super Moderator
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/filemanager/download/3112/

Under "Related Files". Installation instructions.

Dont think we have one on THIS site, but the one they provide seems pretty good. Would of course love to see your experience and "how to" as well.

EDIT: I also edited your thread title just so its a little more info for what the thread is about ;)

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Spunky99

And did not find a "How to" on TwistedThrottle.com : R&G radiator cooler guard for Yamaha FZ6R '09-'10 - RG.RAD0096BK

I ordered one today and will do one when I get it unless I missed one on here already. :)
$94.00 is pretty steep. I'll stop by the True Value Hardware and see what they have for screen material. I'll end up making one this weekend one way or another for my 955i. Doubt it costs over $20.00 total including a can of paint.
This would be a great item for Marthy to make up for the FZ6R to go with the exhaust systems.

profi247

I was searching for the same radiator guard, and I did not like the one you mentioned since it uses zip ties to hold it in place. However I found 2 more which might fit our bikes:

1. This one is from Evotech, made for XJ6, so it should fit:
Yamaha XJ6 Diversion 2009-2011 Radiator Guard | EvoTech
I emailed and got a price quote of $97 total (product+shipping) to colorado.

2. This one is from OzzieMoto, I emailed them about a price quote, $95 for guard plus $25 for shipping, Australian dollars.
Home - OzzieMoto

If I end up getting one, i'll post here all about it. Please do the same =)

Last edited:

oyamyers

My bike is still in the shop waiting for the new radiator, should have her back on Wednesday. As for the guard, the research I did cautioned about airflow. If the guard blocks to much airflow, the bike could run hot. I'll be interested in the guards you all come up with and how well they work. whatever you spend on them will be a lot cheaper than the money I'm spending on the new radiator.

Spunky99

I found a local metal supply house and will go there this week ans see what they have. Need to do a cardboard mockup and take it with me. Possibly they will have some scraps I can use.

Did anyone have success with the guards they purchased? I was thinking of picking one up from evotech or twitstedthrottle.

24KMACH

Did anyone have success with the guards they purchased? I was thinking of picking one up from evotech or twitstedthrottle.
Easy install on the Twisted Throttle. No overheating problems what-so-ever. I have a short Photo show on this site. A bit pricey but cheaper than
replaceing the rad.if a rock hits it. :cool: