HOWTO: Install Graves AIS Blockoffs

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member
Last edited:

miketriebsch

So other than getting rid of the popping. Does it do anything else? I'm just wondering if it's worth the time to put it on?

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

miketriebsch

Ok well I may get them idk yet. But just to get this straight there are no performance changes right?

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

linkgt

I just installed my tb exhaust a few days ago. I've been riding it now for 2 days and the bike pops while de-accelerating.. I installed the graves block off plates at the same time I did the exhaust. Is this normal? did I somehow install them wrong or something? Or is it normal for the bike to still pop even with the block off plates?....

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

Kdubb223

I just installed my tb exhaust a few days ago. I've been riding it now for 2 days and the bike pops while de-accelerating.. I installed the graves block off plates at the same time I did the exhaust. Is this normal? did I somehow install them wrong or something? Or is it normal for the bike to still pop even with the block off plates?....
I have Marthy's Viper Can, JB pro and block-off plates and my bike still makes popping noises. The popping is the worst/loudest when getting on the throttle hard (more fuel) and then cutting it off quickly. Sometimes when slowing down Ill keep the throttle open just a bit and apply the brakes, reduces the popping quite a bit. Also having a good map will help with the pops.

linkgt

i think a few people have that issue.... jw is yours a 2010+??? or a 09
09!! :)

I have Marthy's Viper Can, JB pro and block-off plates and my bike still makes popping noises. The popping is the worst/loudest when getting on the throttle hard (more fuel) and then cutting it off quickly. Sometimes when slowing down Ill keep the throttle open just a bit and apply the brakes, reduces the popping quite a bit. Also having a good map will help with the pops.
Hm, I have a ninja 650 can installed(took off silencer..). I only get popping when decelerating. I almost never get them while accelerating which is great!. and yea, i quickly discovered that trick you wrote at the end and it helps.

I've got the TBR exhaust and PCV and block offs and still get a fair amount of popping. I've gotten used to it. It's worse before the engine is fully warmed up.
Hmm ok then, just wanted to make sure everyone else still had popping and it wasnt just me. Hopefully I will get the PCV sometime this summer to further reduce it. Thanks for the quick response guys! Greatly appreciated.

linkgt

I added the silencer.While it did help reduce popping a little bit, the sound does NOT have the punch it used to have... :( It has more of a bee sound now that I dont like imo. I guess I'll just take the silencer off, wear ear plugs and save up for a PCV...

Dustin600

I can't think of any reason that I couldn't install the block offs before I get my TBR exhaust. I ordered both today. The plates ship in 1-2 days and the exhaust ships in 3-5 days. Is there anything I'm not thinking of?

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member