Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

Ricenoodle

thanks for the video, install went off without a hitch, i love how the bike sound now, almost like a new bike on decel, no popping or gargling. I'm sure it'll pop like you describe but i haven't got a chance to do that yet. went around the island on street and freeway and the tbr sounds beautiful. thanks.

Quick question, the instructions for the speed sensor wire say 22-24 gauge wire. has anyone had any experience with using different gauge wire, or is it even possible to use a different gauge? good bad, or only the specific ones in the instructions. ive bought some t-tap connectors but am just having trouble locating 22-24 gauge wire at the moment. ive got some 18 gauge lying around just trying to see what my options are.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member
okay, installed the wire. rode around abit bikes still functioning as per normal, is there anyway to tell for sure that the pcv is reading the input for the speed sensor and ive been riding for a while now without it, is there a discernible difference i should notice with it on?

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member
Its the adv gear rev map. which ever one was recommended. The bike is riding well, i havent noticed any issues at all, ive tried getting on the throttle a bit here and there and it still feels about the same. Was just curious at all if anyone has had prolonged experience without the sensor then placed it on there. i do not have the accelerator pump engaged.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

xleeb0y13x

Ok a little confused but I want to make sure I've got this right. MistahT's video shows this as the speed wireImageUploadedByTapatalk1397857434.169490.jpga all pink wire

Then jt's vid shows thisImageUploadedByTapatalk1397857479.135120.jpga pink and green wire

Any thoughts

Sent while running with scissors.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

xleeb0y13x

Mine was pink. I believe it's the only harness under the tank with 3 wires. They're covered by black sheathing. Maybe for some reason some model years used solid pink and others used pink and another color.

The one jet showed was a plug up by the air box. I did go with the one in the black cover. Thanks bro.

Sent while running with scissors.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

aburnett

Power Commander maps

Okay, I'm bringing up an old thread! I just got the power commander and I read the instructions a few times, all seems simple. And I thought let me see if there is a youtube video that shows how it is... So I found MistahT's PC5 install and I now wonder if the speed sensor wire should or doesn't matter if I install it. I am using the map from dynojet with the TBR exhaust. I read through the thread and said only for adv gear mapping. But how do I know if the dynojet maps have that!? or should I go ahead and install for shits and giggles?

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member