How to make the FZ6R rev higher?

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

06330i

I really hope it does get a nice little bump in the redesign. Its a solid perfomer all around, just needs to be "freshened" up. I hope they go for the fz8 style sidemount exhaust so people can just buy a slip on. If yamaha was smart they would've made a full gytr system for this thing lol, they could've made some serious extra money. I agree though, taking some weight off this thing helps, just having the filter, exhaust, and jb pro makes this bike a whole new animal, power is so much stronger through mid range, and even in 6th gear around 55-60 mph its got a nice pull to put a grin on my face. What makes this bike so heavy compared to say an r6? Different materials? Smaller frame? I know the r6 is around 415 pounds.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

06330i

Yea the stock exhaust was just a plain pain in the butt. Too quiet, an eyesore, heavy. I know they have to keep within emissions regulations, but they need to aim for something more like the r6, where it has the box hidden, although with it being mid mounted, it keeps the center of gravity of the bike down.