How much did you pay for your FZ6R?

Z3roFlaw

Bought a 2012 FZ6R Black/Red for 7640 + 550 for 4 years warranty + 700 in taxes.
Mine was close to that (as seen above post). I paid 599 for the additional 4 years of warranty coverage.

Z3roFlaw

Oh and in case it wasn't know or obvious, I bought mine in California which has high tax. :(

0150r

Just bought a brand new 2011 copper/raven fz6r for 8400 OTD. It had 0 miles on it.

I think it was a fair price. I got them to lower the price by 500 since the original quote was for 8900 OTD.
When did you get it? I got my '12 brand new for $8000 with less than 15 minutes of haggling on the price in February. After being quoted $9300 at 4.99% financing, I told the guy I wasn't going to buy a bike unless he could get it down to $8000 OTD with that financing (I have 700+ credit score and they had a 3.99% deal going on). He laughed and said he would take it to his manager anyway. They came back with $8800. I told him this "Well, there are two days left in the month, if you want another sale this month and can do $8000, call me. If you can do $8001, don't call me." Got up, shook his hand and went over to see if the other people I was there with were done getting parts. On the way out the door, he ran back to me and told me I could have it for $8001. It ended up only being $8000, the extra dollar was just a joke, but I tried to give him the $1 afterwards anyway.

Cheers!

Iwannaride

Well guys I pulled the trigger last night. Got me a new 2010 blue FZ6R 0 miles. 6500.00 OTD, that was all fees and taxes. going to pick it up today but it may rain so not for sure. Now I gotta go to The Iron Pony get me a helmet, jacket, and some gloves. Found some dealers with 2011's but the best price I could get on those was 7200 to 7300 OTD. For the 700 diffrence I can get my gear and a fender eliminater kit.

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

Invader Jim

I've been looking locally at black/red 2012 FZ6Rs, but I love the 2011 copper. I found one, but it's over 120 miles away and I am almost NEVER on the highway on my GS500 (and if I am, it's no more than 10-15 minutes at a time).

It's used with 400 miles. How does that happen? Anyway, they want out the door about $6,500. Is this a fair price? I know some people are getting brand new 2012 for just over $7k and it's gonna cost gas to get there and back. And no, they won't deliver. Is the 3+ hour ride home a stupid idea for someone with virtually zero highway experience? Should I just suck it up and buy a 2012?
Unless you are dealing with highly congested highways, riding on superslab is easier and requires less technical skills than city or rural roads. The 3+ hours in the saddle might be an issue if you have not done long rides but most likely it won't be an issue either.

Have you looked for a new 2011?

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

Nilove

I paid 6300 otd new for my black 2011 FZ6R
I just passed the MSF course today and I am on my way to look out for motorcycle.

I am planning to buy New 2011 Copper in CA, Can you give me the break you got on your OTD. Yours is the lowest price on New 2011

Thanks
Nilesh

dmkun

I took the MSF course a week ago and have been contemplating whether to get the 2012 street triple R or the 2012 fz6r. After doing some research, I have narrowed it down to the fz6r. Street triple weighs 65lbs less and I like the naked style vs the fairings, however it is much more expensive and the parts and maintenance will add up overtime as well. I think fz6r will suit me better for now. The best OTD price I have gotten from a dealer is $8000. Thoughts?

I might be able to get the frame sliders installed at the dealership but they told me that it will require drilling holes. Is this the only option for 2012s? should I not opt for it and install them afterwards without drilling holes?

Are the 2013 models coming out anytime soon? Should i wait?

NUISANCE

I just passed the MSF course today and I am on my way to look out for motorcycle.

I am planning to buy New 2011 Copper in CA, Can you give me the break you got on your OTD. Yours is the lowest price on New 2011

Thanks
Nilesh
Where do you live in the South Bay? I live in Hollister.

I know you said you want copper but I saw of of the new red and black ones at the dealer in Gilroy, the new design makes me kinda wish I waited and got a 2012 instead of a 2011.

Nilove

Where do you live in the South Bay? I live in Hollister.

I know you said you want copper but I saw of of the new red and black ones at the dealer in Gilroy, the new design makes me kinda wish I waited and got a 2012 instead of a 2011.
I am in Cupertino, I asked one of the dealer today for 2011 New Copper FZ6r @ $6499 OTD and he was surprised that I asked. Actually his original quote was $9313 OTD and dropped it to $8800.

I am not sure if I'll get 2011 New FZ6r $6499.

Thanks for your response
Nilesh

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

dmkun

Could someone share their thoughts on below:

I might be able to get the frame sliders installed at the dealership but they told me that it will require drilling holes. Is this the only option for 2012s? should I not opt for it and install them afterwards without drilling holes?

applejax

Could someone share their thoughts on below:

Depends if you want cut sliders (what the dealer is talking about) or no cut (trex, shogun, Puig, etc).

dmkun

ok - So i should be able to get the no cut sliders and install them myself, correct? i see there is another post on how-to's to do this.i will read through that....just wanted to make sure the no cut sliders are applicable to 2012 models as well... Thanks!

Nilove

I am in Cupertino, I asked one of the dealer today for 2011 New Copper FZ6r @ $6499 OTD and he was surprised that I asked. Actually his original quote was $9313 OTD and dropped it to $8800.

I am not sure if I'll get 2011 New FZ6r $6499.

Thanks for your response
Nilesh
Finally rode my 2011 New Copper FZ6R today and got $6999 OTD from Dealer in Hayward, CA.

I am totally happy and excited with the motorcycle...Yoohhhooo

Nilesh

Nilove

Finally rode my 2011 New Copper FZ6R today and got $6999 OTD from Dealer in Hayward, CA.

I am totally happy and excited with the motorcycle...Yoohhhooo

Nilesh
Did I mention, Dealer gave me Full tank of GAS....:iconbeer:

Let me know what you guys think

Nilove

skidooguy86

i got my 2009 used a month ago like show room condition with 4000 miles for 5100 and absolutely love the bike. and i have also added a LED tail light with intrgated turn signals. i got that for 80 off of amazon.

FleshField

Bought mine from my best friend who bought a Ducati Streetfighter and was selling his 2011 FZ6R. He had never dropped it and it only had about 1100 miles on it. Properly broken in. Got it for $6445