How much did you pay for your FZ6R?

surfphotochris

NEW Yamaha Cash Back rebate offered on 2011 & 2012 fz6r

I paid $7948 OTD at San Diego's North County House of motorcycle (plus I got $300 Rebate from yamaha - Rebate valid from 7/1/12 - 9/30/12) Check yamaha website for more details.

If you live in or near SD go see North County House of Motorcycles in Vista, CA as they have an fz6r Demo unit for test rides! ASk for Ian - he hooked me up!

I will be posting some more but in case any NOOB are looking for purchasing info to get into the fz6r world. Do not pay more than $6500 for the bike. additional costs will vary state to state but the 2013 will be out soon and the dealers are getting hungry to move their inventory!

Happy Riding

Crocop43

Tooooooo f-ing much but hey I'm a dummy and it was my first bike....

alh081

I just put down a deposit today for 2012 FZ6R for $8k OTD. gonna ask bout the $300 cashback offer when i go pick it up.

tyrex13

I picked up a 2009 with 13,500 miles yesterday for $3,300. It has a couple scuffs, but hasn't been laid down. It needs new rubber, but otherwise is in great shape.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

SomeGuyFromCali

I got my 2012 brand spanking new with 1 mile on it for $7999 out the door and they also threw in $200 bucks towards my new helmet... so you could say I got it for $7799 since I was going to buy the new helmet anyhow. I have been drooling over the HJC/Joe Rocket carbon helmets since they first came out. :D

Had to go back and forth between two dealers to get the discount. The first quote I got out the door started at about $8,300. Gotta love telephones. I think 5 phone calls saved me about 500 bucks in the end. :thumbup:

I considered buying one off of craigslist but I wanted one brand new that I could be certain hadn't been maimed in any way.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

alh081

I got my 2012 brand spanking new with 1 mile on it for $7999 out the door and they also threw in $200 bucks towards my new helmet... so you could say I got it for $7799 since I was going to buy the new helmet anyhow. I have been drooling over the HJC/Joe Rocket carbon helmets since they first came out. :D

Had to go back and forth between two dealers to get the discount. The first quote I got out the door started at about $8,300. Gotta love telephones. I think 5 phone calls saved me about 500 bucks in the end. :thumbup:

I considered buying one off of craigslist but I wanted one brand new that I could be certain hadn't been maimed in any way.
We must be in the same cali area. Lowest price i got was $7999 also but bought it locally for $8k. but since i bought the extra stuff...my OTD price was higher than yours...blah :(

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Zwillmon

I just got mine used for the 1st owner and he wanted out of the loan so I paided $4,630 Cash for a 09 FZ6R Blue with 1700 miles on it!

SomeGuyFromCali

I live in Texas and the dealer gave me a quote of $9,300 out the door. It is for the 2012 0 miles, copperish red and black one. Is this a good price? That also includes the 5 year warrenity. Or should I try to get him to lower the price some more. He told me that he is giving me $300 off
I thought 2011 was the last year they made the copper?
I just bought a 2012 and didn't see the copper as an option. You sure it is not a leftover 2011?

SomeGuyFromCali

I paid $7948 OTD at San Diego's North County House of motorcycle (plus I got $300 Rebate from yamaha - Rebate valid from 7/1/12 - 9/30/12) Check yamaha website for more details.

If you live in or near SD go see North County House of Motorcycles in Vista, CA as they have an fz6r Demo unit for test rides! ASk for Ian - he hooked me up!

I will be posting some more but in case any NOOB are looking for purchasing info to get into the fz6r world. Do not pay more than $6500 for the bike. additional costs will vary state to state but the 2013 will be out soon and the dealers are getting hungry to move their inventory!

Happy Riding
Hmmm... my local dealer never said a word about the $300 cash back offer when I negotiated my purchase price with him last week. So after reading this forum post I just called him to ask if that was something that they had included in the deal we worked out and he said it was already factored into the deal and that money goes to the dealer so they can lower the price. Does this sound right? It was no where on my receipt... I was thinking customer cash was like a $300 gift card you get directly from Yamaha or something.

efforex

I paid 5500 out the door with a ninja 250 trade in

Nyuu

4300$ out the door. <3

Sent from your future self, telling you to enslave Earth via Tapatalk

I got a 2011 with 2200 miles for $4000.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2